Trailer Jetter Finished

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trailer Jetter Finished

Full of water or empty is fine, it's when you have half a tank sloshing back and forth trying to push you that you have problems.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      What kind of metal pipe & fittings do you use on the pressure side?

Thanks.

J.C.
      Steel piping, Sch80 seamless. Fittings are forged steel 3000 psi. Valves are carbon steel 7250 psi

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        very nice design and thinking. is the hot for thawing frozen lines or cutting grease?

i hope you have electric or surge brakes. and don't tow full of water any real distance.

lets see some video of it up and running.

once again a real nice design and execution.

rick.
        Thanks for the kind words guys. The hot water is going to be used for thawing lines and also for grease if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          Do you feel you come out with less cost (materials and labor) than a pre-made setup? Or did it cost the same and this was just more fun?

J.C.
          Way less, I would say about half the cost of an open trailer unit with the same specs, but I now have an enclosed trailer. Yes there's labor involved, but when you're working for yourself, labor is free, right? Well as long as you're not losing out on billable time. There is probably about 120 hours into this thing, but insulating and paint was about 40 hours. Then there's fabricating the tank support, motor & pump base, rack for the hose reels, piping and the extra wide water hose reel. It all takes time.

Comment

What brand pump and model did you go with? Is it belt driven?
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

General pump, TSF2421, 3 belt driven

Comment

Wow looks great!! You're gonna be so happy having a jetter. I had mine out on job yesterday for the first time. One a client can see what it can do it will basically sell itself. I went to jet the grease lines on a hotel kitchen when the sous chef saw it work I asked if he wanted me to also jet the outgoing line from the grease trap since the system had been neglected for quite some time. He was like oh hell yeah. I can't believe the amount of grease I cleared out of these lines. Congrats Super, hope it makes you a ton of $$.
                Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Working...
                X