• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jetter unloader

Click image for larger version

Name:	2d96fef45fc7383bc87ee326234b2b39.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	15409 are the nuts on top suppose to ajust pressure ? i have slowly been rebuilding this jetter . after it sat for 6 years. it seams to be working well now.
    Attached Files

Re: jetter unloader

the stacked beveled washers are designed for a specific pressure range. there is a slight adjustment curve with the lock nuts.

the black can is an accumulator that acts as a shock absorber.

i would toss out the old unloader and purchase a new 1/2'' high flow unloader for under $100.00

also double check your steel fittings for proper ratings. looks like some are sch. 40 at the pump outlet and hose manifolds.

what specs is that setup. looks like high volume and med pressure.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2f157f1806a628c46524373947f88879.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	239.3 KB
ID:	15412 16 gpm 2000 psi all the iron fittings are rated for 2k i think( see pic. where do i get this $100.00 un loader i would like to up grade this jetter as i am just starting to build a little demand for it. it seams to be overkill for most of what i do. we don't get many roots mostly sluge ,grease & gravel. i have used it on french drains& culverts . were do you think my best market is for this machine?

Comment

look at the yu-2140 unloader. it's the one i have and it's 21 gpm. the 4500 psi can be cranked to a lower psi rating. also order the adjusting knob too. easier than the lock nuts.

envirospec is who i buy most parts from.

Unloaders

your specs are what i pictured with med pressure. roots will cut but not as fast as higher pressure. the gpm is great for doing large size lines and area drains. but you can also throttle it down to less gpm.

get the real specs from your pump model # to see if it can produce a higher psi. looks like a "giant" pump brand. you might be able to boost up the psi by dropping the gpm.

rick.
        Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 09-05-2011, 10:50 PM. Reason: psi
        phoebe it is

Comment

giant mp4130 good eye . kohler 25 horse . the basic design seems good . more psi would be good if i lost some gpm oh well. what nozel would you recommend for its present specs.

Comment

unfortunately, i doubt that the pump can be easily and inexpensively be converted to higher psi/ lower gpm. contact giant for their advise.

here is the link to your pump and the the others in that series of pumps.

http://www.giantpumps.com/pumpspages/pumpmanuals/MP.pdf

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

thanks for the info & links.

Comment

Working...
              X