Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum machine which one

Hello Again,

I am looking to buy a Drummachine.

At the Moment I have all sectional an also a Jetter.

What I have:

K-50

Rothenberger R 750 ( a little bit stronger and bigger as K-60)

JEtter 8 gpm and 3000 Psi.

So I only want the Drum machine for Work inside the House normaly 4" lines.

I have read a lot about the discusion of sectional vs drum.

But one of my stuff, really do not like the sectional machine inside the House.

He has asekd me: Can´t you buy somehting easier to use in the house, to do not have to stick the cables in the house of the client, to do no have to put the protectorguide, be careful with the floor,etc.

I have told him, I will have a look for a drum machine.

Here in Europe it is not si popular to work with drum machines, so our Supliers for machines, are telling me that it is dificult to work with an drum machine, beacause you have no control on the cable.

If the person is not a profesional he will kink and damage you the cable a lot of time.

Is it true ? Is it dificult to have feeling of the drum machine ?

Which one you can recomend me for 4" drains.

I like this one, I know, in Usa it do not exist:

Re: Drum machine which one

If you are going to be doing lots of roots calls....just spend the money and get the K-7500 and you won't regret it....
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Ex beans, one of ricks, really, ask joey
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Have no fear, each machine has a learning curve. Stick with a brand name machine and you will be fine.

Comment

true, every style of machine does have a learning curve.

the problem might be that since drums are not that common where you're at, they will be expensive and possibly more difficult to get cables for.

the other issue with a drum is if the pipe is real crusty and the cable head stalls when the cable is not very far in. you have to be very fast to react to the spinning drum. there is no instant clutch like there is on a sectional.

what you need is some hands on experience and training.

also the machines with 3/4'' cable will weigh 200+ pounds with cable. so lifting it upstairs and into your truck will be a bigger challenge.

if you're serious about pursuing drums, the offer still goes. plus i know a thing or 2 about drums

have drum machines will travel

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

If you are looking to do 4" lines and size and weight are issue, it seems like a K-3800 is a good choice. It is small and light enough that one person can very quickly unload and move it, and it can be taken on rooftops if needed. The K-7500 is pretty much overkill for this kind of stuff (8" capacity, 200 lbs).

Comment

Originally posted by bmitch00 View Post
              If you are looking to do 4" lines and size and weight are issue, it seems like a K-3800 is a good choice. It is small and light enough that one person can very quickly unload and move it, and it can be taken on rooftops if needed. The K-7500 is pretty much overkill for this kind of stuff (8" capacity, 200 lbs).

is this a type O ?
              k-3800 for 4" lines ? i sure would use it in 4" lines?
              Last edited by appletondrain; 09-09-2011, 10:43 AM. Reason: forgot the o
              Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
              1-920-284-7471

Comment

i have and use
                K-7500 X2
                K-750
                Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                1-920-284-7471

Comment

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
                  is this a type ?
                  k-3800 for 4" lines ? i sure would use it in 4" lines?
                  That is crack smokin talking there...I would not use a K-3800 in a 4" line or a 3" line knowing there were roots!!!!
                  Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                  You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by spanien View Post
                    Hello Again,

Rothenberger R 750 ( a little bit stronger and bigger as K-60)
                    That is the understatement of the year! The R750 is more comparable to the K-1500.....and it beats machine in it's design and power too!

I also would suggest the K-7500 if you are dealing with roots in 4". You can do 6" clay with heavy roots on a K-7500

Comment

Originally posted by bmitch00 View Post

Last edited by AssTyme; 09-09-2011, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Hello again,

THe K -7500 seems me to heavy and to big for an inside use.

I really looking for something little bit smaller, like you have seen the Rothenberger Video.

Or also this machine or the 3800 ( but the 3800 has no wheels) :

Beacause for bigger root work and outside trap we use the sectional.

It is only inside to be more flexible and clean and quicker.

I am only a little bit affraid of all the people round me tells that the cable kink very quick, and it has more posibilities to break in the line that an sectional cable.

this could be also my choice:

Last edited by spanien; 09-09-2011, 05:08 AM. Reason: 1

Comment

Originally posted by spanien View Post
                          Hello again,

THe K -7500 seems me to heavy and to big for an inside use.

I really looking for something little bit smaller, like you have seen the Rothenberger Video.

Or also this machine or the 3800 ( but the 3800 has no wheels) :

Beacause for bigger root work and outside trap we use the sectional.

It is only inside to be more flexible and clean and quicker.

I am only a little bit affraid of all the people round me tells that the cable kink very quick, and it has more posibilities to break in the line that an sectional cable.

this could be also my choice:

How long do you need the cable to be?

The K-3800 can do soft blockages up to 90' in 4" with 1/2" cable. It also has a detachable cart so that you can roll the machine around.

Another option is the Electric Eel model N Electric Eel Model N - Electric Eel Manufacturing - Premier manufacturer of drainline, sewerline, & pipeline inspection systems, cable cleaning, high-pressure water jet cleaning, maintenance systems, nozzles, and cleaning tools. but I don't know if they make a model with the appropriate motor/electrical connections for you in Spain.

I would not use either of these machines (Model N or K-3800) on a line that has roots though.
                          Last edited by Swade Plumbing; 09-09-2011, 09:06 AM.

Comment

the rioned looks like it uses a "marco" style connector and cutters. i looked up their usa rep and it's spartan.

never even heard of them before.

thier sectional machine look like the generals.

what's interesting is they don't use a foot pedal for the motor, but they do use a front guide tube.

based on the 13-16mm cable. i doubt it can do anything heavy duty like roots.

what's the cost of this unit. euros $

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

@Rick,

Both Machines The Rothenberger or the Rioned cost with discount about 1500 Euros= 2000 Us Dollar.

both have the 5/8 cable with an steel innercore.

Both have 50 feet of cable in drum and you can extent it with another 50 feet of cable.

The Think I like in the Rothenberger machine is that you have 3 fases of work with 3 different speeds.

I dont understand the word: " i doubt it can do anything heavy duty like roots. "· It means that you think it can do rootwork or not ?

Thomas

Comment

Working...
                              X