Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Size the pump for a jetter engine

(GPM x PSI) / by 1100 = HP on Gas Engines

Make sure to get the right nozzles for the jump. Get a Warthog and/or Root Ranger. The cheap entry level nozzles don't cut it(literately).
    Last edited by Will Rogers Plumbing; 09-14-2011, 08:54 AM.
    Will Rogers Plumbing
    Moore, Oklahoma
    (
    405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

fyi ben,

this is the pump I've settled on for my purposes, which may be different than yours. PWMall-RKV5.5G40HD-F24-4000PSI, 5.5GPM Annovi Reverberi Direct Drive Pump

under $500. won't fit your honda though now that I think about it; it's made for a 1" shaft and you honda will be 1 1/8".

I cut roots just fine with this, 1/4" hose, and either a root ranger or warthog.

6 gpm at 5000 is where i'd go if I were you. 1/4" hose. warthog (the wt), root ranger, and a small diameter aquamole piercer/thruster. The hose will be rated under 5kpsi but I dont blow mine except at worn spots when I'm really asking for it. I'm spotty on safety though. you'll find you can do what you need to most of the time at 3kpsi, or, at least, I do.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

We have never damaged a drain at 5000psi. We used to have a 7000psi Jetter but kept blowing hoses and fittings, but never pipes.
        Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Interesting thread! Using the formula Will posted, (psi X gpm)/1100= gas hp, I've been noticing that there are many jetters/power washers that are underpowered! Glad Bill posted about the HOnda. I love the Honda on my jetter, but I couldn't figure out how the Honda 690(biggest they make right now) was able to put out 25+ hp for the jetter I want to build/buy. For that reason, I was looking into Kohler engines. I've seen the B&S Vanguard on some of Bill's models, so they must be good. Personally, over 5gpm I'd feel more comfortable with a small buffer tank (8-12 gallons?). I'm totally onboard with jetting and the concept of low-flow high pressure. Bill, the wife asked me a while back if there was anywhere outside the US I'd be interested in visiting; without hesitation, I said Australia. She did some research and threw me some numbers... Oh my. Might not see Jetter's Edge in person for a while... BTW, once I get said jetter, I will include a rootranger in the arsenal.

Comment

Lol! Your dollar will recover! We always have a spare room or two for a fellow plumber!
            Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

bill, i thought that was my room

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Lol! Yeah sure! You can come and spend a day with our new products design team and make a new nozzle. I've already named it.... "The Rickster Nozzle"

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                bill, i thought that was my room

rick.
                Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X