X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much pressure?

I'm looking for some feedback to help with Jetter designs. I have been informally polling customers and most operate between 2500 to 3000 PSI even with 4000 PSI machines. However I see trends for 5000 PSI machines. We can make a 5K unit using our existing frames, engines, and designs right now, I'm just not sure of the demand out there for a unit like that (maybe we just offer it as a custom option)
    Feedback from the pros please.

Re: How much pressure?

the guys down under use 5k all day long......were behind the boat here in the states!

Comment

part of the reason is they use smaller hose and make up for the pressure loss by raising the initial pressure.

remember that the psi of the pump is not the psi at the end of the jetter hose. unless of course you plug your nozzle

pressure is pretty cheap to raise compared to volume/ gpm. but remember that hoses will cost more and typically be a little stiffer to navigate.

remember the guys down under use quick connects on their nozzles too

i say we hold our next roundup downunder and show them what side of the road we drive on

us jetting has built a new trailer unit that's 5000psi. just not sure if it's a big hit or not.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

5.5 GPM 5000psi = Root Killer! Quickly! Mud and rocks = High GPM 3000 psi. Matters what a guy jets for the most part 4" side sewers with roots or 8-12" SS lines. I am building a 5000 psi cart unit for my portable side sewer unit now.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

My sister in law is an Aussie now so I vote for the next round up to be Down Under too.

Comment

Come on Down Guys you are all welcome. Hey Rick I can sell lots of tickets to the Rick vs. Bill challenge. That would be worth travelling North of here to see mind you.

Rick is correct we use higher pressures and smaller hose with smaller flow rates. Also even though we are a smaller nation in comparison to USA we do do things different here but we always look to the same result, fix the problem. As well as this there is differences between the States here as well which surprisingly is very noticable. What we need to do is accept criticism which is constructive so as to get alternate views. Instead there are many here who are still head up their tail doing the same old thing over and over. There has been a massive increase in recent times of Companies selling the small jetting machines, mind you most of these are owned or part owned by a famous forum contributor down here, and there are a lot of different specs on offer. I personally enjoy the constant banter which is usually very informative to help me when looking for equipment.

Again guys, bring the Round-up downunder, about time you shared the experience with us all. Ridgid Australia doesnt even know how to spell the word let alone organise such an event.

Comment

remember the luggage fees. i might need to keep the trophies there so it doesn't cost me an extra couple hundred to bring em home

we're finising up summer here and starting fall. you guys are in spring. summer there, winter here would be great timing.

i'm good for 3 spots

joey, phoebe, we're going on a road trip.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Sorry guys for hijacking this and getting a bit off the topic. Rick we have got no idea down here what the roundup is. it sounds fantastic and I certainly wouldnt miss the opportunity if it arose. You guys are really lucky having such shows and networking opportunities. I dont know who started it for you but can we please borrow that person(s). Promise we will let them return, one day.....!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                  Sorry guys for hijacking this and getting a bit off the topic. Rick we have got no idea down here what the roundup is. it sounds fantastic and I certainly wouldnt miss the opportunity if it arose. You guys are really lucky having such shows and networking opportunities. I dont know who started it for you but can we please borrow that person(s). Promise we will let them return, one day.....!!!!!!!!!!
                  OMFG. You better set aside some land in Coober Pedy now to store the ego.

J.C.
                  Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 09-18-2011, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Round up down under, fantastic!

I should send Ridge tools a Racejet 5000 so they can produce a red one for those who want to keep up with the Jones's down under! It's not easy being an Aussie, All these great ideas..... the black box, wi-fi, the list goes on!
                    Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Hijacked!

As near as I can tell the OP wasn't worried about a roundup down under.

Comment

HIJACKED for good cause!

A Roundup down under sounds like a great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRat View Post
                          Hijacked!

As near as I can tell the OP wasn't worried about a roundup down under.

the op is in direct competition with ridgid.

it's ok if a member ask the question, but when another manufacture comes here, that starts to cross the line.

kind of like if gmc had a forum and ford comes on to ask for opinions on the gmc site.

i think the op hijacked our forum

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

BS, and you wonder why people think you work for Ridgid.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Busted by a sailor !
                              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                              X