X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mop Head

I'm a sanitary worker for the city and we had a blockage the other day....and come to find out it was a mop head caught on some roots caked with grease....my question is....how does a mop head get in the sewer besides the obvious of opening the manhole....is it possible to flush a mop head....it was an 8" sewer main

Re: Mop Head

the obvious is it was flushed down the toilet. got caught on roots and the grease is what it was filtering.

now the question is, what's your best find and what's the strangest find? a mop head doesn't count

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I stopped a toilet up today, on purpose, with half a roll of cheap toilet paper.
      Now how in the heck, is a toilet going to swallow a mop?

I would vote for someone did it on purpose. Or maybe it got sent down a 3 inch drain on a mop basin. Then stopped that up, and someone pushed it out into 4 inch, or main.

Comment

a pressure flush toilet or a flushometer will swallow a mop whole.

of course a building cleanout is another source of entry.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I'll try it the next time I am doing a service call at the Warren theatre!

Have you actually seen one of them flush a mop head? Bout the only thing I have tried to flush down one that shouldn't go was some nuts and washers.

Comment

Thread Hyjack: (sorry) Rick, check your Phone VM.

Comment

I had something similar, some kids had stuffed a sponge mop "handle and all" down an open clean out.
              No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Cell phone...flipped open .Couldn't push it through with closet auger .Pulled toilet ..WOW!
                ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Got this out today from second floor restroom rodding through the a wall hung carrier. It was dropped down the vent stack and hung up right where the 4" line for the wall hung water closets tied in.

Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                    Got this out today from second floor restroom rodding through the a wall hung carrier. It was dropped down the vent stack and hung up right where the 4" line for the wall hung water closets tied in.

What size cable are you running that Eel HDD-2T with ? .66 or 3/4" ?

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                      What size cable are you running that Eel HDD-2T with ? .66 or 3/4" ?
                      Thats 3/4" my brother runs Eel on his .66 as well. I have a "rodding bucket" full of Eel cutters, and pair cutters, along with 3 retrievers and a Ridgid expanding cutter.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                        Thats 3/4" my brother runs Eel on his .66 as well. I have a "rodding bucket" full of Eel cutters, and pair cutters, along with 3 retrievers and a Ridgid expanding cutter.

After owning some Eel cutters myself I can see why. They are far superior to others.

Comment

Originally posted by KerryB View Post
                          I'm a sanitary worker for the city and we had a blockage the other day....and come to find out it was a mop head caught on some roots caked with grease....my question is....how does a mop head get in the sewer besides the obvious of opening the manhole....is it possible to flush a mop head....it was an 8" sewer main
                          I know they are not common anymore but is it possible there is a storm drain in an alley near a resturant where the mop head might have been left in the street when a mop bucket was dumped out?

You mentioned grease which is why i am thinking of a food service place as a likely culprit.
                          ---------------
                          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                          ---------------
                          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                          ---------
                          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                          ---------
                          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                            I know they are not common anymore but is it possible there is a storm drain in an alley near a resturant where the mop head might have been left in the street when a mop bucket was dumped out?

You mentioned grease which is why i am thinking of a food service place as a likely culprit.
                            Thers no storm tied in ....the grease is coming from a chinese resturant and grocery store with bakery/deli in a plaza up stream

Comment

Rick we have found all kinds of stuff....Brake pads, dentures, Razor blades, Needles, Alot of marbles and matchbox cars, Jewelry(i have a gold wedding band and a few necklaces)...class ring(which was returned to the owner)....watches,spoons,forks,knives, money(coins)....an adult toy(LOL)....thats just a few things we have found

Comment

Working...
                              X