antifreez jetter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antifreez jetter

summer is a reprieve from this step. I wondered if there was an easy way that i am missing on my cart jetter to keep it freeze free? i had to scrape ice off the windshild twice this week.

Re: antifreez jetter

only thing I can tell you is winsheild washer fluid cost less than antifreeze.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
      only thing I can tell you is winsheild washer fluid cost less than antifreeze.
      I second that, or RV antifreeze. I use a washing machine hose hooked up to my cart and put the end in the gallon jug and let the pump pump the jug out. My J-3000 takes 2 gallons to get the antifreeze out the hose end. On my trailer I just put in 10 gallons of the windshield wiper fluid and again let the pump pump it out.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      Ron's Facebook
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Never thought about freezing issues..Guess that would be the down fall instead of snaking
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

i turned my antifeeze 18 gallon tank into a 2nd. diesel tank

in all my years, i've had 1 call for a frozen pipe on a rooftop swamp cooler.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

last year the rv antifreeze turned to a slushey and was a pain so i mixed 2 to 1 glycol used for hydronic and didn't have any more problems (I reuse the glycol at each job). it is still a pain. i am going to use a 12 volt weed spray tank and see if it is easier.

Comment

Originally posted by pipe doc View Post
              last year the rv antifreeze turned to a slushey and was a pain so i mixed 2 to 1 glycol used for hydronic and didn't have any more problems (I reuse the glycol at each job). it is still a pain. i am going to use a 12 volt weed spray tank and see if it is easier.
              How cold does it get by you? The RV stuff supposed to be good till -50º F I did have issues with windshield wiper fluid once. I did not notice that I bought a case of the summer blend which was only good to 20º F was frozen solid in my jetter, only damage thank the stars was the inlet filter housing cracked.
              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
              Ron's Facebook
              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

-35 the rv stuff did protect against burst but could not be reinstalled as it was slush. I worry on cold days that i will lose a pump before i can protect it.

Comment

One van gets garaged now, so the issue had gone away for that one. Definitely the most expensive and most luxurious solution.

For the other I use window washer fluid. -20F is about as low as I see. Wal-Mart sometimes carries the 'summer' stuff which is only good to zero so I have to be careful to look at the label. I try to hook to domestic hot, especially the first job of the day.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Always drain your hoses and add -20 or -35 windshield washer fluid to your pump.
                    What up Ace did you get snow this week? you will by this weekend.
                    ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

the weed sprayer w/ pump was easier just turn it on no waiting for the pump to draw. we had 6-8" of snow today.should bring the elk down to the house .yum.

Comment

first real snow of the fall today... nothing stuck to the roads for long... was a little greasy early afternoon. nothing near your 6"-8" in the valleys, but the peaks are all coverered.

sigh. only 8 months 'til spring.
                        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                        X