cable machines and jetters?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cable machines and jetters?

1.How often do you use your cable machines vs. your jetter?
    2.should I even consider getting a cable machine?
    3.Jetting inside(sinks,showers)...if so what size jetter(electric?)

Re: cable machines and jetters?

Cable machine 95% of the time, it cost money to operate a jetter, gas, bring it to job site, loading and unloading it. Forget about the electric jetter(throw it in the trash) it dont have enought power to pull the hose. Cable machine is a must, this is where most guy make their money from.

Comment

Depends on your market. We have started doing a lot of jetting, but we do mostly septic work and a few drains so most the time we are dealing with sludge. We definitely make more when we jet than when we cable.

Comment

i have used my k 750 a hand full of times allready my k 45 autofeed numerous times and am just waiting to use my k 60 mind you just began purchasing drain machines end of june.. i dont do much of it small town but i dont know how i called my self a plumbing contractor with out this equipment i think its a must for any plumber... tried the k 60 on my own kitchen sink "wasnt plugged just wanted to try it i think this will be my most used tool when doing that type of work...... seems like a god send come on phone calls....

Comment

I am a big in favor of jetting in most circumstances. That said, cables have their place.

Showers and tubs are generally hair clogs or at least also hair clogs. Cables do better for hair.

Vanity sinks are often 'also hair' situations as well. I usually jet vanity sinks, and sometimes cable after if there is a bunch of hair. I realize this is 180 degrees from most guys' practise; most cable to open and then jet if they are going to do both. I jet then cable... I have my reasons, what works for some might not work for others, yadda yadda, not going into it here, thats what I do and it works for me.

I cable toilet lines in muti unit buildings where it is clear the problem is close, affecting one or a few units only, especially if it is a few floors up and pulling hose up stairwells and catching water to prevent damage is a pain.

So, for me, jetting is the first best option for most things but a van w/o a couple of cable machines is not fully equipped.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Jetting is GOLD. recently cleared a waste on a shower. H/O was there when I pulled back with all of the sludge. He originally thought it was a main choke as the last bloke, who I havent met, gave him a lot of information which I think is totally useless. Thing is both work fine but jets are generally low impact whereas cables can be pretty harsh in the wrong hands. Fessing up jetters too can be dangerous as well. The best way to decide is work out what you are actually going to do with the machine(s0 befoer you invest. Over here there are a lot who think it is like Microsoft Windows, switch it on and it just works. Experience and gut feeling, cant buy.
            BTW there is a new electric jetter being flogged about down here. Claims to be running around 2100psi but I am sceptical. Dont have a lazy $1600.00 to see. Got to see if the bloke will give me a demo to use for a week or so.

Comment

i use jetters for outside area drains as the stoppage is dirt, roots, and junk pipe.

typically if the sanitary line is already plugged and i feel that jetting will create mess with waste water, i'll cable it.

but i'm finding that more and more people are calling me for preventative and nothing beats a full size jetter.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X