K 50 guide hose

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K 50 guide hose

Just acquired a nice k50 . I need to make a guide hose. I know the solution is here somewhere but cannot find it even through the search option. I usually jusy bring in a piece of 1 1/2" pvc with me but attempting to make a decent hose..I am thinking fernco and like the whirlpool hose .. Thanks
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: K 50 guide hose

the original design still used for the k-60 and 1500 is electrical water proof flex. the kind with the metal core.

the newer 50 design is junk. it's a pvc base hose. too sticky and still retains its spiral layout.

get a piece of real water proof 3/4'' electrical flex and adapt a band. of course the metal core will eventually rust and get stiff, but for another $5.00 you're good to go.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick, I finally figured out how to use the search feature.Yes I was thinking some liquid tite (15' piece for 2 sections)and a fernco to make the hook up.Doubt I will wear it out any time soon cause' I still have a "go to " machine

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
        Just acquired a nice k50 . I need to make a guide hose. I know the solution is here somewhere but cannot find it even through the search option. I usually jusy bring in a piece of 1 1/2" pvc with me but attempting to make a decent hose..I am thinking fernco and like the whirlpool hose .. Thanks
        Somewhere I have 4 or 5 brand new front guide hoses for the K-50. They are the same as the rear guide hoses but have a clamp on what would be the front end for clamping the front guide hose to the trap arm. They are also about 10' long. I do not have any of the brackets for the front but they would work great for rear hoses and you could cut them to length. If I can find them I'll shoot you a PM.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Somewhere I have 4 or 5 brand new front guide hoses for the K-50. They are the same as the rear guide hoses but have a clamp on what would be the front end for clamping the front guide hose to the trap arm. They are also about 10' long. I do not have any of the brackets for the front but they would work great for rear hoses and you could cut them to length. If I can find them I'll shoot you a PM.

Mark
          Thanks Mark , I picked up a 25' roll of the blue wire sleeving at home depot. A 1 1/2" x 1" fernco works perfect..Was gonna use the liquid tite but that stuff was a lot heavier and was $1.80 a ft. and the 25' roll of the other stuff was only$1.00 a foot..Figured what the heck I can run the sleeving as far as I need and carry the cables out in it..If I get real anal I can put a jim cap on the end to keep down on the dripping

Comment

Working...
          X