X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new tool for k60

i just spent several days pulling heat tape into 3" cast roof drains 100' runs 8-90s this is a tool i came up with in a pinch.Attachment
    Attached Files

Re: new tool for k60

looks good. but i can't use it for heat tape

although i've seen many cable tv wires run down the downspouts

is that a swivel so you can motor the cable back if needed?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

So you're pulling heat tape inside of roof drains?
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Don't know about his install, but in a lot of cases in our area, the roof drains get insulated, "condensation maybe?" and it makes a lot of sense to run it In the roof drains, as long as they are protected with screens or strainers to prevent debris.

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
        So you're pulling heat tape inside of roof drains?
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

this is a poorly designed project thrown up for the olympics . roof drains (should) run through heated space these are in chases on the exterior . they froze ,broke ,and flooded several condos . we used a hot jetter to thaw solid lines and replace broken sections in -21 temps so the heat tape to avoid that he!! again. i would like a more robust swivel.(it is to keep the wire from spinning if I have to motor out) the blue wire lube helped as well. and we could all join blue man group when done. well i would need a hair cut. the electrician and i are licensed .
          Last edited by pipe doc; 10-15-2011, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X