X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Electric Jetter?

Do You remember Your single days ? You're heading back into them ! DAD
    Last edited by toolaholic; 10-17-2011, 11:18 PM. Reason: I'm sober now
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Jones Mechanicals View Post
      I'm married and have to deal with enough guessing games with her. Please if you have something to add, do so. I did after all come here and ask for some input to help me decide what will be the best choice for my situation. If I wanted a run around I could have asked my wife and got the same results. Thanks to those that have given some good information so far.
      A few might say I'm a little too aloof.
      I thought we were working on getting you set up with the proper electric jetter.Then it appeared you were starting to go gas.So I jest.
      Lots of great info using the forum's search engine.
      Be a lot quicker for you than waiting three to seven days for everyone to respond.

Welcome to the forum
      Adam

Comment

Re: Electric Jetter? WE STILL LOVE YA BRO.

Happens every N.F.L. SUN. ALL OVER! Jonsey had the Boys over Sun. ,at the "MAN CAVE" Mom comes home to see empty beer cans, Pizza boxes strewn all over Mothers old furniture in the basement. He gets reamed,but good in front of His Buds !
        They flee. Mon. Morn He's GRUMPY! We understand Bro,WE BEEN THERE.
        THIS HUGS FOR YOU!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          A few might say I'm a little too aloof.
          I thought we were working on getting you set up with the proper electric jetter.Then it appeared you were starting to go gas.So I jest.
          Lots of great info using the forum's search engine.
          Be a lot quicker for you than waiting three to seven days for everyone to respond.

Welcome to the forum
          Adam
          Thanks Adam and nice to be here, I'm Dean.

With the numbers that keep coming up in equipment operation it's making less sense for me to go electric. It would be nice to have everything sitting right there in the kitchen, but for the same expense or a bit more gas can go much further. Looks like one unit with 3/16 and 1/4 hoses for running from 1-1/2 upto 4". It looks like 9-11hp at 3gpm and 3400psi and I will have to deal with it sitting outside. That allows one unit to do all I'm ever gonna need it to perform and a standard #4 nozzle now works instead of a custom.

Comment

Sewer/Drain Line Jetter If you really want electric you can't go wrong for 150.

I have a 13hp jetter and really like it. I can do 4" main lines down to 1 1/2" drains. I use a 1/8 hose on the smaller lines and although I don't know the "end of nozzle specs" it works well to cut out old grease and sludge.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

That's about my luck! I click to respond on the add and it's not linked...

Got a message out>>>Shoot that's worth it in parts. If it works even better!
              Last edited by Jones Mechanicals; 10-18-2011, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones Mechanicals View Post
                I was leaning toward the 1/4" hose because it has 2/3 less pressure drop over the 3/16. At 2gpm 3/16x100' should be about 350psi, where the 1/4x100' is about 105psi. I can see however the 1/4 causing more firction in the pipe and thus the gained pressure at the tip may not compensate for the additional drag. Also keep in mind this setup is not going to be used very often, which is why I don't want a ton of money into it. I would bet 6 to 10 times a year. I was more in hopes that a cheap pressure washer could perform a few times and pay for a better one.
                it's not friction per se... its the stiffness of the hose for getting through bends.

250 psi difference in loss wont matter; you've got 1000-1500 to work with. plenty left.

Also, 90% of of the time I'm running a 35' hose so psi loss is 1/3 as with a 100'er. it is a rare 2" line that runs longer than 35' before it drops into something larger. if the problem is in the something larger, you should be using different equipment in a different access.

It works fine with 100' anyway though. I use a 100' hose, but primarily for doing many floor sinks on pm in a commercial kitchen. with the 100' I set up at one spot to reach many drains. only very rarely need it for a single clogged fixture, usually a kitchen sink off all by itself in a monster house.

I see no issues with using a $149 unit for your purposes, other than with that infrequent of use id want to run something corrosion preventative through it between jobs. I use the one in the link because it's small and light and durable and runs on a 15A circuit. I easily average a sink a day, and it is my tool of choice for them, so mine gets a lot more use than what you are thinking about.

added gas vs electric comments;

as to a gas unit, it all comes back to what do you want to do with it. I have a gas cart jetter on the van for bigger lines. electric is for two inch and smaller. I do a lot in multi-unit buildings. 'running the hose in through a window' becomes stringing it up 4 flights in a stairwell from the garage, then down a hall to the unit, then through the unit to the kitchen, a second guy to turn the thing on and off or a radio control for it that has to work through 4 floors of concrete, etc, all for just a sink. not effective for me. I'm not even going to string it through a window...why? it's maybe a grand for the whole setup. that setup buys itself every week for me.

with this setup I carrry everything I need in one trip from the van. Its a rare one that takes over 45 min. most about 35 from pulling in to pulling out. my catch bucket is 3 gal. the machine is 2gpm. most are one bucket jobs. jetter runs maybe 5-10 min as I make a couple passes and usually run 35' just because I can even though I popped it at 15 or 20'. almost all the time is in set up and breakdown. I put a 1" nozzle through a 2" line and I just don't have comebacks.
                Last edited by Ace Sewer; 10-18-2011, 10:39 AM. Reason: add comments on gas vs electric
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                  PWMall-AR610-AR Blue Clean 1350/1800 PSI Electric Pressure Washer 2.1GPM, 115V

1/4" hose too big, and no need. 3/16 exitflex is my hose of choice.

This is for 1 1/2" and 2" lines. too small to do a decent job on 3". will not do more than one or two bends in galvy. great in pvc, abs, cinh
                  Great link for the machine...I am in the market for an electric jetter....how about a link for hose and nozzles?
                  Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                  You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Exitflex does not (typically) sell direct. I used to get it from Harben. They call it micro mini hose but I did not find it in a quick look at their site. I think the mfr told me US Jetting sells it as well. I did not find it in a quick look there either. A long story, but the mfr has sold to me direct a couple of times. It's a tenuous relationship and they do me a big favor by doing it so I can't give out my guy's contact info as his main deal is that it's a pita for him to do tons of tiny orders.

I sent Adam some, but I don't think he's got his machine together and used it much or I'd have heard feedback by now and you could get a second opinion on it. If there was enough interest here, I could see about doing an order for a bunch of us little guys.

Nozzles, I have about 5 different ones. The three I use most I've had so long that I can't remember where they came from. I think some are from arthur products, but are obsolete. I have some fron aquamole that are fine, and I have some of these Drain, Sewer Cleaning Equipment & Machines, Water Jetter, Trenchless Pipe Replacement, Bursting & Video Inspection Equipment by Professional that I use for back to backs in vanities. I have some bigger brass balls that I like for back to backs in kitchen lines, but don't know where I got them. The brass balls are nice for hitting back to backs because the weight helps you make the drop. The bigger ones I have are better for that but they don't fit in 1 1/4 for vanities. The gorlitz ones do.

really about anything is fine. get it drilled for max pull and 2gpm at 1000 psi. get a tiny one for tight lines and one about 1 inch diameter. get the shortest overall length ones you can find. short length is good for bends. ones where the thread for the hose fitting is countersunk as far forward in the body of the nozzle as possible keeps the non-flexible portion of the assembly short.
                    Last edited by Ace Sewer; 10-18-2011, 10:50 AM.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

ACE, You sure bring a lot to this table. THANKS for all !

Comment

Yes..thanks Ace....I know it gets me on the correct path to the good stuff!!!
                        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

We use a specialty machine that spins the jetter hose thru the drain pipes. We can use low flow 15amp machines and get thru more 90's than when I used a 13hp gas jetter. This is the ticket. We now jett nearly every drain line and we consistently leave the house with $500

Comment

us jetting has the hose that alex/ ace is talking about. i own the 75' one. it's 3/16'' id. and flows approx 3 gpm.

http://usjetting.com/pdf/micro-mini-jet-kit.pdf if interested call them and talk to kim. she knows her stuff.

also i have stainless steel jet lines made up and they work great too.

the brass jetter nozzle balls with the recessed threads were made by mustang jetters. i have a couple of them. the company is no longer in business.

typically if you remove the trap 90, you can aim the hose and nozzle down the line with the help of a bend and a light on a back to back.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

do you like the stainless exposed braid as well as the exitflex rick? I had some of the stainless and like the exitfles so much better that I tossed the stainless.

for the back to backs, I'm mostly talking about the blind ones, like his n her vanities or kitchens set in peninsulas in mirrored units. the ones where you can look in and see the drop are so easy that all I can think is that the on site maint staff is getting spoiled.

I like those mustang balls. I want a few more of them. I'll have to see if gorlitz or aquamole is interested in resurrecting them.

Comment

Originally posted by money in jetting View Post
                                We use a specialty machine that spins the jetter hose thru the drain pipes. We can use low flow 15amp machines and get thru more 90's than when I used a 13hp gas jetter. This is the ticket. We now jett nearly every drain line and we consistently leave the house with $500
                                wait a minute... the hose itself spins? like a cable? or a spinner nozzle?

Comment

Working...
                                X