X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Jetter?

I'm considering adding a jetter to my tool list. Is there an electric jetter that anyone would recommend? I'm not looking to use it as a main line tool, but more so for smaller kitchen lines that are greased out. Any input from your experience would be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Electric Jetter?

Ace Sewer has given many high reviews on the annova reverbi.I consider his word the best on it cause he uses it so much.
    Get as close as you can to 20 amp without going over.Don't want to have a useless tool that pops breakers.
    Last edited by drtyhands; 10-17-2011, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Let me add what maybe one more silly question. I'm looking at a J1400A jetter that supplies 1500psi at 1.7 gpm between $1200-1500 price range. Why could one not take a electric pressure washer that can do 3000psi at 1.6gpm for $150 and adapt the hoses? The end cost would be around $250-300 and provide upto twice the pressure. Would that not compensate for the loss of the vibration?

Comment

Too much money

A/R's half that

Comment

Google amazing Machinery,Power washer to jetter conversion. I want with yhe approx. $300.00 setup. Already have 2 power washers.
          2500 psi 3 gal a minute. 100 ft. of 1/4" hose and nozzles. Great Quality works great for small lines. I feel elec. like the K archer [had one ] are good for dog washing !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Looking at a A/R or K archer type of a machine that claims 1900-3000psi for $145. Add to that 1/4 x 100' hose another $80 or so. Then a few parts to adapt and a few heads...looks like about $300.

Comment

you have to remember that the specs/ claims you're quoting are the maximum pressure, not the continuous pressure.

the a/r setup is what i've had since day 1 of jetting. it's 2hp. 1500psi and 2.1gpm. problem it will trip a 20 amp breaker under full load. this is a commercial machine. not a toy found at walmart.

a commercial 2hp pressure washer will run you $700.00

a toy pressure washer will run anywhere from $79.00- 159.00

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

So if I reduced the line size to 1/8" x 100' with a laser and rotary head, you don't feel a cheap electric washer will operate the head? Keep in mind this equipment at this point will be used rarely. If the useage goes up I would expect the cheap unit to buy a good one from just a few uses.

Comment

PWMall-AR610-AR Blue Clean 1350/1800 PSI Electric Pressure Washer 2.1GPM, 115V

1/4" hose too big, and no need. 3/16 exitflex is my hose of choice.

This is for 1 1/2" and 2" lines. too small to do a decent job on 3". will not do more than one or two bends in galvy. great in pvc, abs, cinh
                  Last edited by Ace Sewer; 10-17-2011, 08:51 AM.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I was leaning toward the 1/4" hose because it has 2/3 less pressure drop over the 3/16. At 2gpm 3/16x100' should be about 350psi, where the 1/4x100' is about 105psi. I can see however the 1/4 causing more firction in the pipe and thus the gained pressure at the tip may not compensate for the additional drag. Also keep in mind this setup is not going to be used very often, which is why I don't want a ton of money into it. I would bet 6 to 10 times a year. I was more in hopes that a cheap pressure washer could perform a few times and pay for a better one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones Mechanicals View Post
                      I was leaning toward the 1/4" hose because it has 2/3 less pressure drop over the 3/16. At 2gpm 3/16x100' should be about 350psi, where the 1/4x100' is about 105psi. I can see however the 1/4 causing more firction in the pipe and thus the gained pressure at the tip may not compensate for the additional drag. Also keep in mind this setup is not going to be used very often, which is why I don't want a ton of money into it. I would bet 6 to 10 times a year. I was more in hopes that a cheap pressure washer could perform a few times and pay for a better one.
                      Do you understand 1/4 VS. 3/16 on your jetter yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                        PWMall-AR610-AR Blue Clean 1350/1800 PSI Electric Pressure Washer 2.1GPM, 115V

1/4" hose too big, and no need. 3/16 exitflex is my hose of choice.

This is for 1 1/2" and 2" lines. too small to do a decent job on 3". will not do more than one or two bends in galvy. great in pvc, abs, cinh

Comment

How do you mean? I'm having to weigh the difference of drag against presssure loss. Both ways I'm not satisfied with the end results for the overall cost. I would be better of with a gas unit, higher volume and pressure. For the same money the unit could do twice as much. The draw back is dealing with a leader hose through a window or door.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones Mechanicals View Post
                            How do you mean? I'm having to weigh the difference of drag against presssure loss. Both ways I'm not satisfied with the end results for the overall cost. I would be better of with a gas unit, higher volume and pressure. For the same money the unit could do twice as much. The draw back is dealing with a leader hose through a window or door.
                            Nevermind
                            Your still morphing

Comment

I'm married and have to deal with enough guessing games with her. Please if you have something to add, do so. I did after all come here and ask for some input to help me decide what will be the best choice for my situation. If I wanted a run around I could have asked my wife and got the same results. Thanks to those that have given some good information so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X