X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Getting fed up with this snake

I forgot to post that the k39 got sent back on Monday directly to Ridgid in Ohio and I will let everyone know how it goes, customer service, quickness, repairs etc.

Comment

It's been over three weeks since I sent back the k-39 to Ohio, not a word. I would hope Ridgid would stand behind it's warranty. Fix it or replace it already.

Comment

I use the General Super-Vee. It's not auto feed but it works great and doesn't break down. I think I could run the thing over and it would still work. I'd say get a Super-Vee and don't look back.
        Will Rogers Plumbing
        Moore, Oklahoma
        (
        405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
        http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

I tell you what I have done and I have had nothing but success...For my secondary lines (Kitchen sink 1 1/2") I use a K50 with the 5/8" open wind cable...In tubs I use the 1/4" or 5/16" cables with the A 17 drum adaptors...For me this is the solution...No more drill machines for me I go straight for my K50 and I love it. Try it and I suspect you will never go back to a drill machine again...Opinions my vary...Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
            I use the General Super-Vee. It's not auto feed but it works great and doesn't break down. I think I could run the thing over and it would still work. I'd say get a Super-Vee and don't look back.

Pistol rodders without power feeds suck. You need 3 hands to run them. I love my K-39AF's and my K-45AF's are even better.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
              Pistol rodders without power feeds suck. You need 3 hands to run them. I love my K-39AF's and my K-45AF's are even better.

I agree. It does suck, but it works for me. I use my Model N on probably 80% of all my inside jobs anyway. I've been looking at the Electric Eel Model CT to replace my Super-Vee, but the Super-Vee just keeps on working so I don't see a reason to replace it yet.

Wonder if I could just order a auto feed for my Super-Vee? Hmm.. I'm sure I could. Have to check into that.
              Will Rogers Plumbing
              Moore, Oklahoma
              (
              405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
              http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                I agree. It does suck, but it works for me. I use my Model N on probably 80% of all my inside jobs anyway. I've been looking at the Electric Eel Model CT to replace my Super-Vee, but the Super-Vee just keeps on working so I don't see a reason to replace it yet.

Wonder if I could just order a auto feed for my Super-Vee? Hmm.. I'm sure I could. Have to check into that.

You could probably get a K-45AF on eBay for the same price plus you have to run the Super-Vee in reverse to retrieve the cable

Comment

This is the second time I've had to send back my K39 for the same problem. It just stops working and loses power. I'm sort of afraid to even try the newer K45, I hope they've made improvements if I do.

Comment

I also have 3 of the k-39 AF's and we abuse them like crazy, we use small cord, bounce them around in the vans, and take a long day out on them if a sink or tub is the last job. I read of others who had motor problems so it seems there are good ones and bad ones. When we do kill one I will be buying the new k45's to replace them. Hope you get yours back in good working order Iron Ranger, if it takes much longer ask if you can trade it in on a new k45 nobody has posted problems with them that I know of.
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Called Ridgid in Ohio this morning. They've had the K-39 I sent them for repair for over three weeks. I talked to the repair department and she said they haven't even looked at it yet. Gave me the run around, obviously something isn't right over there. Live and learn, warranties are useless imo.

Comment

ironranger, please pm me your name and number so I can look into this one.

Thanks,

Josh

Comment

Pardon my unwanted insertion of my worthless opinion, but I feel its pretty sad that an inside man is needed to get warranty issues resolved within the company.
                          We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                            ironranger, please pm me your name and number so I can look into this one.

Thanks,

Josh
                            Sent you a PM with the info, thanks for helping out Josh.
                            -Brian

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
                              Pardon my unwanted insertion of my worthless opinion, but I feel its pretty sad that an inside man is needed to get warranty issues resolved within the company.
                              And I on the other hand think it's Great that Josh would check in on the problem since he has many other things to do.
                              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                                And I on the other hand think it's Great that Josh would check in on the problem since he has many other things to do.
                                I do agree with what you said, but my previous opinion still stands in my mind on this matter. I wish I had an inside man with many places I do business with when there is a problem.
                                We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Working...
                                X