Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Getting fed up with this snake Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Getting fed up with this snake

    Second time it's happened now. I have one of the Ridgid drill snakes with the auto feed, can't remember the model number but it's the Grey or black colored drill not the new red one.

    The motor just wants to quit as if the windings are messed up or something. Sort of stops then goes then stops. Sent it back to Ridgid last time and they said they rebuilt it. It's worked fine for a few months and now it happened again. No way do I abuse it, don't even use it that much really.

    It sure seems that this drill snake is just underpowered and a real piece of garbage.

    Question is did they improve the new red one I hope? And if so what was wrong with the old one. I'm sending it back again and this time asking for a replacement, this is crazy.

  • #2
    Re: Getting fed up with this snake

    I own 3 K-39's and they all run great. Sounds like you got a lemon

    The K-45 is a better built unit but the K-39 does the job just fine.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Getting fed up with this snake

      I love my k45 it rocks

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Getting fed up with this snake

        Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
        I own 3 K-39's and they all run great. Sounds like you got a lemon

        The K-45 is a better built unit but the K-39 does the job just fine.

        That's what I'm thinking too and that's what I'm going to tell them when I call on Monday, and send it back, again.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Getting fed up with this snake

          I have had a generak supervee for 9-10 years now, same one, just has electrical tape on the cord, havent changed anything but the cable and the screws that hold the drum toghether. Best top snake ever.
          Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Getting fed up with this snake

            Love My RUGED SUPER Vee
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Getting fed up with this snake

              i own more k-38 and k-39's than i can count. use to carry 3 in the big truck. but since i switched to the sprinter almost 3 years ago, all i carry is the 1 k-39. according to my invoicing, it's been billed out 1008 times i would say it's paid for itself

              rick.
              phoebe it is

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Getting fed up with this snake

                K-39 AF is an underpowered turd... Thus the reason Ridgid developed the K-40. The problems I had with the K-39 centered around the digital proportional controller built into the trigger. I ended up taking the drum and AF off and putting it on an older K-38 and have been happy ever since. Ridgid really needs to slow down on its product obsolescence plans (I'm cooking up a post about this)...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Getting fed up with this snake

                  Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                  K-39 AF is an underpowered turd... Thus the reason Ridgid developed the K-40. The problems I had with the K-39 centered around the digital proportional controller built into the trigger. I ended up taking the drum and AF off and putting it on an older K-38 and have been happy ever since. Ridgid really needs to slow down on its product obsolescence plans (I'm cooking up a post about this)...

                  Thank you, I thought I had heard that before. Thanks for confirming it. So real people ARE having trouble with it and it's not just me. I want them to send me the newer more powerful tool this time if the old one was not sufficient to do the job and they knew this. If not then I'll go to a different brand. Stand behind your tools Ridgid or else we won't use them. It's really just that simple. Also I shouldn't have to have a truck load of the same tool, what is the point of that? Why would you even do that?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Getting fed up with this snake

                    Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    i own more k-38 and k-39's than i can count. use to carry 3 in the big truck. but since i switched to the sprinter almost 3 years ago, all i carry is the 1 k-39. according to my invoicing, it's been billed out 1008 times i would say it's paid for itself

                    rick.

                    They pay for themselves with one service call in most cases and when they're sitting in the shop because they don't work I'm losing money. I like this snake, when it works.
                    Last edited by ironranger; 10-23-2011, 12:32 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Getting fed up with this snake

                      Been using the k50 more with the 5/8 cable. I don't mind the extra weight.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Getting fed up with this snake

                        Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                        K-39 AF is an underpowered turd... Thus the reason Ridgid developed the K-40. The problems I had with the K-39 centered around the digital proportional controller built into the trigger. I ended up taking the drum and AF off and putting it on an older K-38 and have been happy ever since. Ridgid really needs to slow down on its product obsolescence plans (I'm cooking up a post about this)...


                        How much power do you need in a pistol rodder ? All of mine have enough power to snap or pretzel a 5/16" cable at will and then some.


                        K-40....???

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Getting fed up with this snake

                          Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                          How much power do you need in a pistol rodder ? All of mine have enough power to snap or pretzel a 5/16" cable at will and then some.


                          K-40....???
                          More then what the K-39 has I really think the problems with the K-39 centers around the digital proportional controller built into the trigger not letting the current get to the motor. The motor spins the drum ok but it does not hold a candle to the RPM's / cleaning action of my K-38 frankenstein I do not own a K-45 but would be willing to bet it can spin faster then the K-39AF.
                          Last edited by OkieBill; 10-24-2011, 06:31 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Getting fed up with this snake

                            Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                            More then what the K-39 has I really think the problems with the K-39 centers around the digital proportional controller built into the trigger not letting the current get to the motor. The motor spins the drum ok but it does not hold a candle to the RPM's / cleaning action of my K-38 frankenstein I do not own a K-40 but would be willing to bet it can spin faster then the K-39AF.

                            Yes I do remember now that when I returned it the first time they said it was a problem in the trigger mechanism area and they replaced something. It's boxed up and on it's way to Ohio in the morning for the second time.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Getting fed up with this snake

                              Its * k45 Not 40

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X