Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would you do?

Funny,
    I show them the roots,I jet the line.Pipe looks as clean as the day it was put in.I replace big problem sewers.Too many A- holes not giving homeowners the facts

I am making a lot of people happy jetting their drains and camera to prove effectiveness.

I sure would make a lot more money replacing a sewer that had couple hair roots in it.All the other plumbing contractors are lowering their in the door price to get in and sell "Replace a sewer" when there is a little too much spaghetti in the kitchen sink drain.

Wouldn't surprise me to see "FREE" drain cleaning so these shysters can get in there and hammer out some sewer sales.

Sell your jetter and buy a trenchless machine Ben.Don't forget to pick yourself a couple illegals on the way out

Comment

If you lay a new sewer for a customer, dont you think it should last at least 50 years with no issues? I do!
      Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

Adam, I think Bens discription was more then a couple hair roots bubba.

I understand what you are saying with companies going after the replacment when it isnt really needed. Before I left I had a Rooter company try and sell the lady a sewer because her laundry sink was draining into her kitchen sink. Nothing to do with her sewer. When I am saying replace the sewer, I am speaking from a place of honesty, not speaking about a sewer that has hair roots or spaghetti in the kitchen trap

Its ok to do a sewer replacment Adam, you dont always have to jet the line. explain both options, let the customer choose. Hopefully you at least stuck all those customers on a maint program for an every year cleaning so you can have steady income. !!!
        Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

Comment

WHAT WOULD I DO. Get a fat deposit check, and then proceed to rip up the neighbors lateral by mistake! Fk$#@&% GC, S
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by BizzyBeePlumbing,Inc. View Post
            If you lay a new sewer for a customer, dont you think it should last at least 50 years with no issues? I do!
            It should, but how does the plumber back that statement up?
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Adam, I think Bens discription was more then a couple hair roots bubba.

I understand what you are saying with companies going after the replacment when it isnt really needed. Before I left I had a Rooter company try and sell the lady a sewer because her laundry sink was draining into her kitchen sink. Nothing to do with her sewer. When I am saying replace the sewer, I am speaking from a place of honesty, not speaking about a sewer that has hair roots or spaghetti in the kitchen trap

Its ok to do a sewer replacment Adam, you dont always have to jet the line. explain both options, let the customer choose. Hopefully you at least stuck all those customers on a maint program for an every year cleaning so you can have steady income. !!!
              I miss having you in the neighborhood.Every time I drive past the Goodyear blimp I think of you guys.Glad you are busy in the new country.
              I jet and start documenting.
              Sorry gotta go backfill a sewer replacement I did last week...No Kidding

Comment

I always try to get the line working before I recomment sewer replacement. It shows the customer that you tried and that you do care about their pocket book. The only time I tell people to replace the sewer is if it's uncleanable or there are major defects and the home is for sale.

Comment

Perfect example. I was maintaining this nice ladies sewer for years when I owned WCP, She had major issues in the laterall, the new owner of my old company called yesterday, she is having him replace the sewer.

Congrats to him. Poor her for wasting all that money with me when she was just going to repalce it anyways. My point is sooner or later most customers will have it repalced or will get tired of dealing with it. Some who want to sell extended service contracts are just milking a cow in some cases.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                    I miss having you in the neighborhood.Every time I drive past the Goodyear blimp I think of you guys.Glad you are busy in the new country.
                    I jet and start documenting.
                    Sorry gotta go backfill a sewer replacement I did last week...No Kidding

Im glad you are backfilling, now put that additional profit towards retirment. You cant fulfill a service contract at 80 years old

Comment

Perfect example. I was maintaining this nice ladies sewer for years when I owned WCP, She had major issues in the laterall, the new owner of my old company called yesterday, she is having him replace the sewer.

Congrats to him. Poor her for wasting all that money with me when she was just going to repalce it anyways. My point is sooner or later most customers will have it repalced or will get tired of dealing with it. Some who want to sell extended service contracts are just milking a cow in some cases.
                      When I get the sewer draining...After other companies put on their fake,failed attempt with hours of using wrong equipment.

It is Interesting how when I give people the choice to make the decision for themselves given ALL the information at the very least they know they know to go a period of time before having to spend $8,000 to $20,000.Give them time to shop and compare prices.

"Better do it now..Right now..emergency" is not the truth,
                      It is business.Get the money in your pocket before the next guy.
                      What I have a problem with is 90% of the plumbing companies are advertising drain cleaning for unrealistic prices when they have no intentions of clearing a drain.Just lie and get a sewer sale.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        ben, realize that the person has lived there 10+ years with no backups. that's what i call a real track record.

my advice is to properly clean the line and document it with a camera inspection. for me it's a hydrojetter. at that point a root-x treatment will put an end to those exposed roots.

i don't recommend anyone spending big money on sewer replacements when they have gone 10 years without a stoppage and the pipe looks clean.

there is not a sewer in my work area that is root free. i can run a camera up and down block by block and see issues. it goes by track record and my documented findings over years of servicing them that determines if a replacement is necessary.

jetting every couple years is a whole lot less expensive than digging a 73' long sewer trench.

rick.
                        I agree with Rick

Comment

I say if the pipe is in good shape other than the roots, jet & RootX it. If the pipe integrity is in questions where the integrity of the pipe will not hold up to snaking or jetting of the line and chemical root treatment then repair or replace.

Comment

Working...
                          X