Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you do an equeptment charge on top ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you do an equeptment charge on top ??

If so, How much please
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Do you do an equeptment charge on top ??

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    If so, How much please
    My work is a little different but I charge $250 per day for a camera, $250 per day for locators, $200 per day for micro cameras and $175 for a cable machine.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I don't. I just have my labour charge and travel charge if I am working out of town.

In my city there are 9 companies. 6 of us are one or two man operations. Only the Evil 3 do other charges such as equipment fee, shop supply fee etc.
      As long as you tell inquiring customers the true "entire" cost of a job, then you are okay. If you tell them $110 per hour and then add $10 worth of fees, then they may never call you again.

Comment

I do and it's roughly 3-5% of the cost of item. Only applies to jetting, snaking, and cameras. Equipment fee for vehicle and other tools are built into the hourly labor charge.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I do the same as Gear.
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

No equipment charges for us, as it's built into the price. However, if/when we get a camera & jetter, that will change.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
              No equipment charges for us, as it's built into the price. However, if/when we get a camera & jetter, that will change.
              One would be wise to follow Marks wisdom
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

i charge equipment fees for all rodding jobs. It covers wear and tear on BOTH the machine and most importantly the cable and cutters.

I also charge equipment charges for the camera.

I do not charge separately for gas or other misc. That is all built into my hourly rate

Comment

Thank You Mark, I spent most of that $175.00 today on a 3/8" cable and accessorys.

Comment

Kind of.

I pretty much know what equipment I will be using from asking a few quick questions during the initial call. I have a 'flat rate' price based on what I will be doing (internal fixture clog based on type of fixture, stack clog, service line, locate, etc). That 'flat rate' price is not really a flat rate; it buys them up to one hour. I quote it with some wiggle room... 'It should be $x if I understand your problem correctly, unless we run into something unusual.' Unusual generally means crap access requiring extra time or something requiring me to break out a camera.

So, yes, I do have an equipment charge, but not in the usual sense. I roll it in with a trip charge and first hour/1 hour minimum for a first hour 'flat rate' by fixture type.

It sounds kind of complicated but I find it works well. Allows me to tell people a price on the phone and then here comes the bill, as advertised, no extra bs add-on charges, no leaving them with a feeling of bait and switch.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                    X