best snake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best snake

what do you guys think is the best machine for roots ? also what size cable ? thanks

Re: best snake

Depends on who you ask. For me it's Eel 1.25" sectional cable with a 1/2" inner core driven by a Model C or hand drill.

Comment

Spartan 1065 or the Ridgid 7500 with 3/4" cable
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

i have the 100 for small jobs . i use it just a few time for roots . need to work hard at it .. i like the k 7500 . i was thinking about the spartan 300

Comment

Originally posted by metx View Post
          i have the 100 for small jobs . i use it just a few time for roots . need to work hard at it .. i like the k 7500 . i was thinking about the spartan 300

The 300 is excellent for light & medium root jobs but will labor in heavy roots.

Comment

Jetter.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

if the line is already stopped up and jetting will make a flood, then either the 1500 with 1.25'' cable or the 7500 with 3/4'' innercore.

but as far as the best all out drain cleaner/ root cutter. nothing will compare to a properly sized jetter and root cutting nozzle.

a jetter will clean the line 100%. plus a jetter will clean and scour the pipe, out pull a cable and access small openings and clean large lines.

a snake and cutter will do a good job, but not as through as a jetter. a cable and cutter will not work good on grease, mud, and light roots.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

The General Wire RT 66 is the best all round machine IMO.

You can bring it onto a roof, into a crawl space, and into cluttered basements.

I ran a Ridgid K-7500 for 2 years. It's a good machine but when I switched to the RT66, I was very happy with it. I can do more jobs with it, and it was cheaper to buy a new 15 foot section rather than buy a 50 or 100 foot 3/4 inch cable for the K-7500.

I could write a whole page on why the RT66 is better if you are working in cold climates such as mine (Canada)

I have never used the Ridgid K-60 (similar to RT66) but my friend used one for 3 years or so. The clutch wore out on it and he had to change the belt. The RT66 is directly driven by the motor which is a much better idea vs belt.

You can't have just a jetter. You gotta have a "snake"

Comment

I prefer the General Wire RT66. You can use it in a crawl space, take it up onto a roof and manuever around cluttered basements. It uses 7/8 inch cable. It's directly driven by the 1/2 HP Motor which is a superior design to the Ridgid K-60 which is belt driven.

I used a K-7500 for 2 years. It's a good machine, but it's nearly 300 LBS and cant be used on roofs or crawl spaces. It also froze a lot on me during winter.

My friend likes the Ridgid k-1500 when his RT66 doesnt quite have enough power.

I prefer Sectionals over Drum any day

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    if the line is already stopped up and jetting will make a flood, then either the 1500 with 1.25'' cable or the 7500 with 3/4'' innercore.

but as far as the best all out drain cleaner/ root cutter. nothing will compare to a properly sized jetter and root cutting nozzle.

a jetter will clean the line 100%. plus a jetter will clean and scour the pipe, out pull a cable and access small openings and clean large lines.

a snake and cutter will do a good job, but not as through as a jetter. a cable and cutter will not work good on grease, mud, and light roots.

rick.

Your customers call BEFORE the line backs up

Comment

yes and no. not every stoppage is 100% plugged and not draining. it usually doesn't go from draining to plugged overnight. typically there are warning signs. many times i have to run water and add paper to duplicate the stoppage.

must be a california thing

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        yes and no. not every stoppage is 100% plugged and not draining. it usually doesn't go from draining to plugged overnight. typically there are warning signs. many times i have to run water and add paper to duplicate the stoppage.

must be a california thing

rick.

They seem to only call me when the shitz is ankle deep, lol !!!

They tell me, yeah it's been coming up and going down for weeks now it won't go back down

Comment

Originally posted by metx View Post
                          what do you guys think is the best machine for roots ? also what size cable ? thanks

what size pipe and how long of a run?

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                            They seem to only call me when the shitz is ankle deep, lol !!!

They tell me, yeah it's been coming up and going down for weeks now it won't go back down
                            i get those too, but we tend to have outside c/o's and i just work it from outside.

most of my customers are well trained to look out for symptoms. such as a low bowl level or bubbling in the toilet, residue in the tub or shower.

have very few basements that i need to snake from.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Here in N Y . the line r usually no more then 100 ft out . and clean out r usually in side a tight . really tight spots

Comment

Working...
                              X