Little machine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little machine?

Okay guys got a question? I have a general super vee with auto feed and I love it. But I am wanting another machine that I dont have to hold and have been looking at the k40. All im gonna do with it is lav or tub drains. Is it a good machine? I bought one of those ridgid auto spin machines years ago from home depot for 150. and hated it. Dont know if I just bought something cheap or if this machine will have the same probs with the feed. If there is a better choice for a small machine please let me know. I appreciate any help.

Re: Little machine?

Originally posted by Killing time View Post
    Okay guys got a question? I have a general super vee with auto feed and I love it. But I am wanting another machine that I dont have to hold and have been looking at the k40. All im gonna do with it is lav or tub drains. Is it a good machine? I bought one of those ridgid auto spin machines years ago from home depot for 150. and hated it. Dont know if I just bought something cheap or if this machine will have the same probs with the feed. If there is a better choice for a small machine please let me know. I appreciate any help.

It's the same great working reliable feed that's on the K-45AF.

Comment

Originally posted by Killing time View Post
      Don`t touch a K-40 as it is a load of rubbish

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
        Don`t touch a K-40 as it is a load of rubbish

Tony

That depends on who you ask. Some people love them.

Comment

for those of us that bought the original version of the machine when it first came out, i would agree with tony/ afm.

can't tell you about the newer updated version as i'm still gun shy of the k-40 because of that.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Why not buy the optional stand and use the super vee?

Comment

Rick, I may be wrong but looks like the only difference between the original k40 and the new one is the auto feed mechanism. I have the original and ready to dump it eBay but may upgrade it to the new feed for $125.00. Just WTF good is an auto feed if it doesn't retrieve?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                Rick, I may be wrong but looks like the only difference between the original k40 and the new one is the auto feed mechanism. I have the original and ready to dump it eBay but may upgrade it to the new feed for $125.00. Just WTF good is an auto feed if it doesn't retrieve?

Retrieve in reverse ?

Comment

I do have the stand but the real deal is the supervee is in the shop getting fixed and has been there for a month so I am looking for a backup machine. I like the look of the general machine that looks like a k 40 but not sure about it either. Was just hoping to get some info on these machines. Because I use the supervee all the time and its killing me that its down and having to use my hand auger. I guess Ive gotten lazy since I bought the supervee.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                    Retrieve in reverse ?
                    The only thing my K40 does in reverse is twist the cable into a pretzel

At first I thought I had the cable inside the drum spun in the wrong direction. My wife confirmed I had it right (according to the instructions)

Comment

I have the one with the newer feed, and it sends the cable out and retrieves it just fine. Plumbers Crack, just mail me the unit I will put it to good use.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      Ron's Facebook
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

My Eel CT works great forward in, reverse out , with speed control

Comment

I have a k-40 with No autofeed. I think i'd destroy the cable if I had one, I went through enough of the little 1/4 cables as it was, bumped up to the 3/8 and am having better luck.
                          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                            My Eel CT works great forward in, reverse out , with speed control
                            What size cable do you use with that CT?

Comment

my CT has a 5/16 cable

Comment

Working...
                              X