Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K60 not getting much use these days.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • K60 not getting much use these days.

    Started using my 1065 again because of a job i needed it on. Filled it up with 11/16 cable to get thru whole house traps and noticed a huge difference in weight. I like sitting on a bucket and letting the machine do all of the work. I was using my K60 so much i forgot what it was like to cable with a drum machine. Each have there use but i think for now i am keeping the 1065 on the truck and its going to get used more often. Sorry sectional guys.

  • #2
    Re: K60 not getting much use these days.

    Idon't use mine much also but I'm glad I have it. I have alot ski lodges where getting into the places are a pain in the butt. Go into the building up a flight of stairs across an upper kitchen/ living room area then down a flight of stairs into a small hallway with bedrooms on each side and a very small bathroom where 99% of the time I have to pull the toilet.

    Name:  d8d5c35ee352db5cedf1efcdb240aa8c.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  37.0 KB
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

    Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: K60 not getting much use these days.

      Rick will be most dissapointed.....
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

      Derek

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: K60 not getting much use these days.

        Originally posted by batson View Post
        Started using my 1065 again because of a job i needed it on. Filled it up with 11/16 cable to get thru whole house traps and noticed a huge difference in weight. I like sitting on a bucket and letting the machine do all of the work. I was using my K60 so much i forgot what it was like to cable with a drum machine. Each have there use but i think for now i am keeping the 1065 on the truck and its going to get used more often. Sorry sectional guys.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: K60 not getting much use these days.

          "IN" before the gloves come off in this thread.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: K60 not getting much use these days.

            my 1065 has sat at the shop since i got it. used it a few times and retired it.
            the k-60 does 90% of my cable cleaning jobs. the 1.25'' sectional and timberwolf does the rest.
            and my jetter does everything i take it on. like the 2 jobs today. nothing like being able to clear a root stoppage from a 4'' buried comby in the opposite direction with a 3/8'' warthog nozzle at 4000# and 11 gpm. can't do that with a cable machine. although i can do it with a 7/8'' sectional k-60 and reverse auger.

            rick.
            phoebe it is

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: K60 not getting much use these days.

              Sold my K-7500.Did not use it once.
              If I'm going to haul heavy weight it is going to be my cart jetter.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: K60 not getting much use these days.

                Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                Sold my K-7500.Did not use it once.
                If I'm going to haul heavy weight it is going to be my cart jetter.
                Yep or my 1500
                ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: K60 not getting much use these days.

                  Rick, I have rodded the opposite direction in a 4" combo many of times with my 1065 and its 3/4" cable. Now doing that with the k60 or k1500 will never happen.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  Ron's Facebook
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: K60 not getting much use these days.

                    i've done it multiple times with my k-60 and reverse auger without a problem. running in reverse actually threads it into the line and the reverse auger does a good job on roots with its open wind and 45 offset.

                    i can't picture any kind of cutter on a 3/4 drum can make it. and we all know a sectional open wind cable will clean a line and grab roots much more efficient than a tight wind drum cable.

                    how deep are you able to get a 3/4'' drum cable into a 4'' comby riser and make the reverse direction?

                    rick.
                    phoebe it is

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: K60 not getting much use these days.

                      The deepest 4" wye combo I have rodded the opposite direction was 7' with a 3" pair cutter.

                      We have a subdivision where they installed an outside clean out just in front pf the homes, its a 4" wye combo. Nine times out pf ten its plugged under the house with a finished basement. So i put on the 3" cutter do my loose knot with a string and make the rod go the opposite direction of the wye.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      Ron's Facebook
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: K60 not getting much use these days.

                        How do you pull it back out?
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: K60 not getting much use these days.

                          Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          How do you pull it back out?
                          It comes rifht on pit with ease.
                          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                          Ron's Facebook
                          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: K60 not getting much use these days.

                            I've rodded the opposite direction in a combo with both the 7/8" and 1.25" cable.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: K60 not getting much use these days.

                              Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              i've done it multiple times with my k-60 and reverse auger without a problem. running in reverse actually threads it into the line and the reverse auger does a good job on roots with its open wind and 45 offset.

                              i can't picture any kind of cutter on a 3/4 drum can make it. and we all know a sectional open wind cable will clean a line and grab roots much more efficient than a tight wind drum cable.

                              how deep are you able to get a 3/4'' drum cable into a 4'' comby riser and make the reverse direction?

                              rick.
                              You speak the truth.

                              Drums do more work, but it's usually more work to get them to the cleanout than a sectional.

                              A sectional will go on roofs, down into small crawl spaces etc. And since you carry it, it can't leave track marks like dirty wheels from a drum machine (got a lady's stairs really dirty with the K-7500)

                              I've used both and will never go back to a drum machine.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X