drain problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: drain problems

Credit where credit is due. If Angie's list or something similar is in heavy use in your area, post your experience. Some idiots (at best) came, did stupid things, and made things worse. Someone else came and corrected it and did a real job. You are not slamming anyone, let alone unduly, if you just say what happened.

The drain cleaning industry is rampant with idiots and with (worse) people who know enough to earn a fair wage but choose to scam instead. They make people afraid of me when I am there to help. It makes my life difficult as the level of trust I have to put out in good faith for honest folks makes me an easy target for scammer customers.

You'll only help the better people, customers and drain cleaners both, by stating your experience.

Glad all is well.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

will not give the name of the first company that seemed to make a mess of things, but Pitton plumbing, hamilton ontario is the company that the city contracted to sort out the mess & really saved the day the main thing to remember here is after several days of worry & anguish, the problem has been solved with out spending about 9 k to dig things up
      i believe that the plumbing / drain cleaning industry is probably pretty much like every other line of work, some bad, some ok & some great !
      you guys that offered tips, advice & support , thanks very much, and like i said in an earlier post, at least what came out of this is we have some one that we can call and trust to do a decent job
      ps the guy that fixed the problem would not say a bad word against the other drain cleaner, but musta have known him as he texted him to come pick up his snake
      will work out the nickles and dimes now
      bob

Comment

Theres alot of musiciens in thé world but they dont all sound good. Eh

Comment

Bob, You're a class Guy ! We can all learn from how You live Your life ! Most would be chasing Mr. X around His van with a shingling Hatchet ! May good happen to Your Lil Girl !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Bob glad to hear things have worked out for you. So what do you guys suspect went wrong with the first contractor now that we know it was a tree root problem and how do you think the 2nd contractor fixed the situation. Like everything else things can go wrong on anything we do the value is in learning from it. And not making the same mistake twice

Comment

Anything I'd say is a guess of course, but I'd put the problem down to inexperience and lack of will and the solution down to experience and determination.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

from what I have read it sounds like 1st. guy used small cutter and ended up with a large ball of root on his cable, couldn't get it back out of the small hole he poked in the stoppage. Just saying

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                  Anything I'd say is a guess of course, but I'd put the problem down to inexperience and lack of will and the solution down to experience and determination.
                  about he only thing i can come up with is, like you said, lack of experience and the second guy was very experienced ? if that makes sense ?
                  don't really think the first guy was out to " rip you off ", just got in over his head
                  least now we know who to call the first time

Comment

Originally posted by bobfeather View Post
                    about he only thing i can come up with is, like you said, lack of experience and the second guy was very experienced ? if that makes sense ?
                    don't really think the first guy was out to " rip you off ", just got in over his head
                    least now we know who to call the first time

What did it take, how did he free the cable ?

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                      What did it take, how did he free the cable ?
                      At least a k60 and 5 min.
                      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                        At least a k60 and 5 min.

Yeah those K-Silly's are known for their azz ripping torque

It probably sat there and made a buzzing sound

Comment

Originally posted by asstyme View Post
                          yeah those k-silly's are known for their azz ripping torque

It probably sat there and made a buzzing sound
                          now that's funny !
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Bob said that the plumber who caused the problem insisted on credit card before he would start work & she was in a panic & signed." I hope Bob's daughter realizes she can protest the $650 charge with a letter to the credit card company as long as she does so within the time frame allowed. She will have no problem getting the charge removed from her account if she includes with her letter the documentation this thread provides.

Comment

My mentor taught me that you have to be super careful when using this kind of cable from a toilet arm. If the machine is run in Reverse, and the cable catches a corner or ridge, it will start to screw into the pipe. When you hit roots, this screwing-in will cause the cutter to either get pushed too far into a clump of roots, or cause the cable to figure 8 or knot-up.

Closed backflow valves can also explain why they got stuck.

A good sewer cleaner would have found that backflow before starting the job.

most backflow devices come with a sticker to put on the stack cleanout to warn guys like us about the valve further down the line.

Sounds like someone just lacking experience.
                              And I agree with everyone that $650 is way too much. My highest bills on holidays are less than half of that.
                              Someone asked before if the company name ended in "Rooter". LOL. That's the first thought that came to my mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X