Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Root Ranger wont go over 2800 PSI..Is something wrong?

Tried my new RR today..My jetter specs are 4.5 GPM @5000K.... I have a properly sized set of Sewer Squad Deluxe Nozzles from Aqua Mole... The jetter pump quickly took them up to 5K PSI..... Then I dialed the jetter down to 4K PSI and put on the Root Ranger...I could only get 2800 SPI... I put on a Aqua Mole Nozzle and it wen right up to the 4000 PSI no problem...Any Ideas on my my Root Ranger wont get more pressure..why wont my pump push it past 2800 PSI>? Tom

Re: My new Root Ranger wont go over 2800 PSI..Is something wrong?

At first thought it sounds like the rr is sized for more flow than your machine produces. But the rr I thought is sized for 4gpm. I don't know if the rr's come in different sized nozzles. If so you might have got one sized for a bigger machine than yours.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I bought mine from AJ Coleman..Run of the mill Root Ranger RR 3000.....Has the front jet that is plugged from the factory.... I'll test it again tomarrow to see if I can get the pressure up... 12 " of 1/4" hose to a 3/8" female made up by Marv at AJ Coleman...I hope I get this worked out..

Comment

Call up Coleman and explain the problem. See if they've run into it before. Specifically ask if there is a higher flow rr3000 that you might have got by accident. See if they'll just swap you out for another one and see if it is different.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I'll call Marv in the morning.....Tom

Comment

some root rangers leak.

Mine does.

Hook it up.Street pressure first, then raise pressure.

It will be in the cast 180deg. fitting

Comment

adam's right on.

there is a machining port that is on the side and is welded shut. could be there. or could be where the rotor screws onto the 180 ss front. they machine a 1/4'' ips, or bssp thread into the body and then screw the rr onto the machined thread.

as adam mentioned lay the rr down onto hard concrete and attach the hose. turn water onto your machine without the engine running and look for leaks. if need be turn onto idle while stepping onto the flat side of the nozzle with your boot. it should show up with the engine on idle.

make sure you have a foot pedal to control the flow. never a wise idea to run a nozzle without a dead mans valve. even a spray gun will work if you don't mind using a free hand.

bill should be on soon to confirm any ideas.

once you're up and running, you'll find the rr the best root cutter for the buck and for the lower gpm machines.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Root Ranger kick's azz.Nothing better on my machine.
                Mine just leaks.

Comment

I had some time today so I hooked up my Root Ranger to the jetter...dialed it down and slowly turned the unloader up....I had secured the Root Ranger so I could check it for leaks and such and used the teflon tape to insure it was not leaking at the theads......I observed no leaks at the threads or any other place....I dialed up the jetter and the nozzle would not go up past 2200 PSI on the gauge.....I even put another gauge on and it read 2200 PSI as well...I then put on a Aquad Mole nozzle and the jetter had no problem going right up to the 5000 PSI that it produces...The Root Ranger I bought from AJ Coleman was the RR3000 model...I guess I will call Marv and see if I can exchange it for another one...I will work on that tomarrow and let everyone know how that turnes out..... Either it was dead out of the box or it was jetted for a higher flow... Tom

Comment

Sorry this has happened to you Tom. You shouldn't have to dial the pressure down. The RR3000 out of the box has an .055 insert that works well with your jetter configuration. If the insert is not spinning in the drain making a load roaring sound there could be a blockage in the back on the insert inside the brass cone.

Attachment

If you unscrew the cone you will be able to access the insert and check the rear plastic flow straightener for debris. You should also inspect the front ceramic outlet for damage. If the ceramic tip is chipped it will allow more water to pass through preventing pressure build up inside the cone.

I know they are rated to 3000psi but we have tested them under extreme pressure and they burst at 9000psi giving you a 3 to 1 safety factor.

You can buy several kits for the RR3000. If you still have trouble getting the pressure above 2800psi, try a .045 insert. We use these for some jetters with reduced flow or pressure due to the length of the hoses or the manufacturer specifications.
                    Attached Files
                    Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Very usefull thread !

Comment

I made the trip to A.J Coleman in Chicago today and spoke with them about my Root Ranger.... They checked the nozzle out on one of their jetters and sure enough it only went to 2000 PSI..... A. J. Coleman then took the Root Ranger and gave me a new in the box Root Ranger as a replacement... I was very pleased with the way A. J. Coleman treated me..I coulnt have asked for more...I then went on to spent another $200.00 on Misc. Drain Cleaning items while I was there... I would tell anyone that A.J Coleman treated me as a valued customer and I would advise anyone to do business with them... Talk about Sewer and Drain Cleaning Equipment? A.J.Coleman is The place....Again, They treated me right...I am sure my new Root Ranger will be fine..... Happy in Wisc. Tom

Comment

What kind of pressure did the new one build at AJ's jetter?
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Touch III LLC View Post
                            I made the trip to A.J Coleman in Chicago today and spoke with them about my Root Ranger.... They checked the nozzle out on one of their jetters and sure enough it only went to 2000 PSI..... A. J. Coleman then took the Root Ranger and gave me a new in the box Root Ranger as a replacement... I was very pleased with the way A. J. Coleman treated me..I coulnt have asked for more...I then went on to spent another $200.00 on Misc. Drain Cleaning items while I was there... I would tell anyone that A.J Coleman treated me as a valued customer and I would advise anyone to do business with them... Talk about Sewer and Drain Cleaning Equipment? A.J.Coleman is The place....Again, They treated me right...I am sure my new Root Ranger will be fine..... Happy in Wisc. Tom
                            Notice they have parts and equipment of nearly every brand out there? Also a trip to AJ Coleman is like sending a kid to a candy store.
                            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

We didnt check the new one for PSI....I suspect that it will be fine....The 1st one I had looked as though it had a spot weld that was loose and hanging down about a 64th"... This weld or solder spot was located right where you screw in the 1/4" supply line hose..right in the 90 degree turn...I dont know if this was the issue or not but it was clearly DOA...I am just glad to be back in business...I bought a dolly for my Spartan 100 and a few cutters for my K50..I also saw a Nice used Spartan 300 that I am going to try and deal with them on ..I have a real nice Spartan 717 small electric jetter I'd like to trade in on that 300.... Anyhow AJ Coleman is a straight shooting Ridgid Dealer in my book... Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X