2 pumps into one line ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 pumps into one line ???

Heres another question for you guys. My current pump is a 4000 psi 4 gpm general powered by a gx 390 honda running to a propane boiler that heats water to 210 degrees it seems to work well on the restaruant lines im doing as it melts the grease out. I m thinking I would like more water to ensure im flushing everything downline so I don't create any blockages downstream. So I was thinking would it work to buy the exact same pump set the unloaders at the same point and pump both pumps into a manifold with a 3 quarter or one inch line (whatever 8 gpm requires) off of it to give me more flow instead of one huge pump. Any thoughts on this idea what problems would it give me?? thanks guys Jason

Re: 2 pumps into one line ???

Thats been done. It works.

You will need bigger hose. Think 1/2" will be big enough depending on length of hose, others who run 8gpm can comment mo betta than me on that. You might have problems with the bigger hose in terms of negotiating bends as it will be stiffer. You'll need new nozzles to go with it.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

3/8'' will still flow with a loss of 2. psi per foot. 3/8''will still ahndle 9 gpm at 2.75psi per foot loss.

1/2'' will lose approx .75 psi per foot.

3/8'' will be lighter to pull into the line and also make the 3'' and 4'' bends much easier than 1/2'' at that flow.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

thank you very much guys for the response and for the specific info

Comment

Working...
        X