X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which size cable to buy?

Enjoy the forum a great deal. Fun to read about other guys doing same stuff I do. Am wanting to get a
    new machine and not sure but wonder if I could get by with the 5/8 inner core cable on a k750 machine
    for 4 inch lines and usually 125 ft long or less. Mostly tree roots being the problem. Have a K60 but dont
    enjoy getting 100 ft. of cable in and out of hole by myself. Really like it for basements and short runs. Would a k7500 be a better choice for machine?

Re: Which size cable to buy?

I would recommend the 3/4 for roots,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Agree, depending on access. I'll do roots to ~60' with 1/2", but at 125' you'll need greater torque capability. My first preference is to jet, but I assume you have chosen to go with cable options for your own good reasons.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I run and like the K7500 and having a 3/4" cable in it is a must......5/8" would be okay on 3" lines.....but the 3/4" does both...and the K7500 has the nuts over the K750.....
        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

I used to use the K-7500. I used the 3/4 cable. I may be wrong, but I think it only goes 100FEET max with 3/4 cable.

Comment

100' limit? not possible other than drum storage capability
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I believe the k7500 states it holds 125’ of ¾ IC cable. But it will not…. It has a hard time holding 100’ of ¾” IC cable
              Ridgid.com states it can run up to 250’ with ¾” cable.

Don’t get me wrong I love the K7500 and it is my go to machine but it needs to be improved to hold the stated amount of cable……

If you run more than 100’ you will need more than one drum or have to run out the first 100’ and put another 100’ on. I have done this many times. it is a pain in the back side.

Anything longer than 100’ I push for jetting. It saves my back and the customer money.
              Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
              1-920-284-7471

Comment

remember that the anchor cable is another 6' of cable in the drum.

125' only when it's properly oiled up and in good straight condition. 115' is easily doable.

i also use to carry a 25' and 50' section. much easier to load than a full 100' section. especially when the majority of my sewers are under 125'.

i try to jet long sewers and anything on a hillside. much easier to pull back hose than a heavy cable with roots.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I have used both in my K750 and while 5/8 is good for 3" line you need 3/4 for 4" line when you run into roots or other tough blocks ,works much better and less chance of problems. Ask Rick on what cable to buy as that is a big help to.

Comment

I keep 175' of 3/4" in my k7500. But I have two drums. so I'm cheating.
                    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Hey, guys. Let me jump in and clarify.
                      The K-7500 & K-750 both hold 100' of 3/4" cable or 125' of 5/8" cable.
                      The K-7500 is rated to 250' with either cable.
                      The K-750 is rated to 250' with 3/4" and to 150' with 5/8".
                      The K-7500 has a setup that allows for quick swapout of the drums if you need more cable. The K-750 does not.
                      For either machine, when you run out all the cable, you could disconect the cable from the pigtail and load more cable (25'-100') into the drum. Then connect it to the cable that is in the line and continue cleaning.

Comment

Working...
                      X