Open wound cables do spin dry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open wound cables do spin dry

Went to a call with a outside clean out 10' from house. The line was clear from the cleanout to the septic tank. There was an overhead clean out inside. Opened the clean out and ran the k60 several times(roots), flushed a lot of water. spun the cable, pulled it out and it was all but dry. 95% of my work is outside and I normaly use innercore , so I have been waiting to see if the if the open wound 7/8 cable can be spun dry. It can! Rolled up the cable and took it out without a problem.

Re: Open wound cables do spin dry

If you run hot water first, it seems to dry better. I've never pulled one back that's been "actually" dry, but dry enough to carry out of the house without making a mess.

Comment

Yes, thats what I mean.

Comment

add a little laundry soap and they will smell good also

Comment

Uh oh..Here we go again. Last time somebody claimed that cables come back dry there was a whole scene. Someone requesting documentation and accompaning video footage etc. etc. etc..Yeah For the most part I run water while retrieving and they come back clean yes dry , not so sure..Anyhow whatever works for you.Thanks for stirring I mean sharing
          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
            add a little laundry soap and they will smell good also
            Always!

Comment

Let's see the video of one where black (decaying) sewage is the condition of the piping.

Then show us how much time sitting on a bucket when you knot roots into your cable.

Then show us the truck going by already done and left that has drum machines and beeps the horn eating a twinkie, heading down the road for the next call to sit on a bucket, protecting THOSE KNEES.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
                Let's see the video of one where black (decaying) sewage is the condition of the piping.

Then show us how much time sitting on a bucket when you knot roots into your cable.

Then show us the truck going by already done and left that has drum machines and beeps the horn eating a twinkie, heading down the road for the next call to sit on a bucket, protecting THOSE KNEES.

Comment

Working...
                X