X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetting and back flow preventers

when you guys are jetting how much do you worry about backflow preventer valves has anyone ever gotten a hose caught in one ??

Re: Jetting and back flow preventers

Well I wouldn't say I worry about it but it does happen a lot more with cameras in 1st time jobs,(no past history) But you first need to understand that is what is holding you up. A camera is really needed when you are jetting. You can either push in a duct rodder like I do or another camera or a snake cable what ever you have to push the flapper forward to release your stuck item. Another trick that Seweratz uses is to turn on all the fixtures or fill up a tub or uses toilets to get a lot of water flowing then simply pull the stuck item out. (Thanks Ron I used that once when I had no other way to get unstuck)
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Thank you Cuda for the input. I haven't had such a thing happen yet and its my biggest fear of that one time going to pull back and snag something. I need to buy a camera for piece of mind Im usually very careful with jobs but ya cant know what ya cant see. Anyone have a suggestion on a cam thats affordable as the jetting end of my business is still very new and working my way up slowly but want equipment that will do the job. I had thought of that with running a pile of water all at the same time to push the door open. You say that alot of times you get cameras stuck, can you not see the backflow valve as you come up to it. Or you can see it and know its there and are cameraing through it and get stuck on your way out ??? Thanks again so much guys this site is great its nice to be able to chat with guys of the trade

Comment

Originally posted by jayk2005 View Post
        Thank you Cuda for the input. I haven't had such a thing happen yet and its my biggest fear of that one time going to pull back and snag something. I need to buy a camera for piece of mind Im usually very careful with jobs but ya cant know what ya cant see. Anyone have a suggestion on a cam thats affordable as the jetting end of my business is still very new and working my way up slowly but want equipment that will do the job. I had thought of that with running a pile of water all at the same time to push the door open. You say that alot of times you get cameras stuck, can you not see the backflow valve as you come up to it. Or you can see it and know its there and are cameraing through it and get stuck on your way out ??? Thanks again so much guys this site is great its nice to be able to chat with guys of the trade
        Sometimes you see the BW valve sometimes the sewer has a belly or lots of solids and you don't see it. And yes you get stuck coming out.
        As for a cheap but actually useful camera either a used seesnake or a Vu Right. from what I have read the Vu Right sounds like a decent starter camera that will last long enough to make some money and buy a Ridgid Seesnake. Please don't ask me about any other cameras this is my only recomendation.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Thanks again cuda. I was thinking the seesnake would be a good starter cam.

Comment

Maybe it's just me but it drives me crazy when people call a Backwater Valve a Backflow Preventer. They serve two different purposes and look nothing alike.

Mark
            Attached Files
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Thanks mark . " now i know why my water tastes funny ! "
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                Maybe it's just me but it drives me crazy when people call a Backwater Valve a Backflow Preventer. They serve two different purposes and look nothing alike.

Mark
                my bad sorry to have drove you crazy .... here to learn !!!! thanks for the correction

Comment

Working...
                X