Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sectional snake stuck in drain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: sectional snake stuck in drain

    Ok, I have to admit that video made me LMFAO, and you get MAD PROPS for taking the first shot across the bow.

    Do we have a K-60 counter argument video??
    Last edited by Flux; 12-13-2011, 09:00 PM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: sectional snake stuck in drain

      you cant have a counter argument when the Video shows it all......rotflmao
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: sectional snake stuck in drain

        what video ?
        Sent From The StoolBus

        www.appletondrainandsewer.com

        Appleton WI, 54915
        1-920-284-7471

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: sectional snake stuck in drain

          Sorry, i admit the k60 is good in some cases, like roof tops, but as an every day machine its worthless. you run around like a freak running the machine, when you could just roll a drum machine up and feed the cable in, much faster, much cleaner. Most importantly, the torque on a drum machine is much better and can take more abuse working the cable out. Reason you can't snap a sectional cable is because the machine doesn't have nearly the torque. k60 sucks when your stuck, thats just the truth. I am speaking from experience. No BS
          Plumber Raleigh,Plumber Cary,Plumber Apex ,Plumber Apex, Plumber Morrisville,Plumber Durham, ,Plumber Holly Springs,Plumber Chapel Hill,Sump Pump Raleigh

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: sectional snake stuck in drain

            The K-60 is OK not my main go to machine. It has become stuck a few times but I was able to get it unstuck. It's more of a mid range job machine for me. I bought it replacing my old Gorlitz GO62 that ran both 5/8 and 1/2 cables. I like drum or my drill and eel set up for the best results for running sewers with cable machines. I have owned the k60 for a year now and it is a little wimpy even with the 7/8 General inercore cable.
            The K60 is worth having in the tool box IMHO
            Rod
            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
            http://unclognh.com
            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

            Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: sectional snake stuck in drain

              The K-60 is a good machine when you forget your bucket and have nothing to sit on while running your drum machine
              I will admit that we do use it but thats only because I bought it. It dosent have any power at all and takes for ever to clear a 150` main line. I would go broke if it was the only machine I had. Now the K-50 I do like but I do also have my 100` drill drum machine so there too I can live with out the K-50 but I bought it as well. Drum machines will for ever rule the world!!!!!
              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: sectional snake stuck in drain

                Now I'm not buying a K-60.

                I have a General Drum machine that I used twice, but I'm not totally comfortable with it yet. I need way more experience with my drum, to really form a solid opinion on what works better. It's kind of difficult when I've never worked for a drain cleaning company before, so there for I have to teach myself and learn the ropes a long the way.

                But I do like the fact that I have more control of the cable with a sectional.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: sectional snake stuck in drain

                  The K-60 is a great for beginners because it dosent have enough power to hurt anyone. It dosent even have enough power to kink a cable so the cost of using it isnt bad either. I myself have to use a mans machine, you know something with some real root cutting power so I use the K-7500.
                  http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: sectional snake stuck in drain

                    Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                    The K-60 is a great for beginners because it dosent have enough power to hurt anyone. It dosent even have enough power to kink a cable so the cost of using it isnt bad either. I myself have to use a mans machine, you know something with some real root cutting power so I use the K-7500.
                    Since my pop started me in the family business when I was 13, my father only did drain cleaning for "fill in" work, and that was still kind of sporadic at best, as we were slam busy with other things. Over the last 10 years, I told my father I wanted to get more involved in drain cleaning, and it's been "trying" at times for me. I'm fine with the K-50...it's the 3" 4" that gives me fits at times. I just need to be shown the proper way to use my drum machine.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: sectional snake stuck in drain

                      Name:  4d248c219e476f6291c935d18092c6e4.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  163.9 KBName:  3f75e2b05c163cd2a82052b1f34a96f2.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  118.0 KB
                      Originally posted by BizzyBeePlumbing,Inc. View Post
                      Sorry, i admit the k60 is good in some cases, like roof tops, but as an every day machine its worthless. you run around like a freak running the machine, when you could just roll a drum machine up and feed the cable in, much faster, much cleaner. Most importantly, the torque on a drum machine is much better and can take more abuse working the cable out. Reason you can't snap a sectional cable is because the machine doesn't have nearly the torque. k60 sucks when your stuck, thats just the truth. I am speaking from experience. No BS

                      That maybe true with the K60, but not so with this beast. It's got all the power you would ever need, and it can snap a 1.25" inner core cable like it was nothing.
                      Will Rogers Plumbing
                      Moore, Oklahoma
                      (
                      405) 323-2852

                      "Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

                      "We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"



                      www.willrogersplumbing.com
                      http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

                      "Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: sectional snake stuck in drain

                        the k-60 has been my go to machine for the last 3 to 4 years. and hundreds upon hundreds of stoppages later from 1.5'' - 6'' root infested lines later, it has been the wisest choice in drain cleaning equipment in the price range of under $3,000.

                        all my drums machines sit lonely in my shop. including 3 -k-750, 2 k-7500, 1065, 300, and a few general machines. my 1500's are museum 1of a kind machines. my general sectionals also sit waiting for their turn.

                        between my k-39, k-50, k-60 and timberwolf 1.25'' sectional, there is not a drain that has stumped me in years.

                        now for area drains, super long runs, grease packed and limited access jobs, the jetter can't be beat.

                        after a proven track record with my sectionals, i was able to downsize from a 14,500 gvw box truck to my present 9990 gvw sprinter. didn't need the room for over sized drum machines.

                        ask adam and ben what they use for their go to machines.

                        rick.

                        now if you want to move up to $44,000. then my jetter is the biggest bang for the buck.
                        phoebe it is

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: sectional snake stuck in drain

                          I have never used or seen a sectional in use.I find it hard to believe that a drain can be cleaned properly without being able to feel what the cable is doing.I also have a hard time with the fact that some of you talk trash about the k-380,maybe I am a miracle worker.My first machine was a k 6800,it was a beast. I never met a root that it wouldn't destroy.When it wore out I got a k-750,that machine is a waste of space.I trust my k-380 more than that pos.I now own a k-7500,it is a very powerfull machine and eats the roots without a problem.It could be that the roots that live on the west coast aren't as tough as they are here.The main point is to each his own,what works for you might not work for me.No reason to trash others because you don't agree.It is just a fact that drum machines are the best!!!!!!Merry Christmas to all!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: sectional snake stuck in drain

                            Originally posted by mrbill View Post
                            I have never used or seen a sectional in use.I find it hard to believe that a drain can be cleaned properly without being able to feel what the cable is doing.I also have a hard time with the fact that some of you talk trash about the k-380,maybe I am a miracle worker.My first machine was a k 6800,it was a beast. I never met a root that it wouldn't destroy.When it wore out I got a k-750,that machine is a waste of space.I trust my k-380 more than that pos.I now own a k-7500,it is a very powerfull machine and eats the roots without a problem.It could be that the roots that live on the west coast aren't as tough as they are here.The main point is to each his own,what works for you might not work for me.No reason to trash others because you don't agree.It is just a fact that drum machines are the best!!!!!!Merry Christmas to all!


                            What size lines are you using the K-380 on ?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: sectional snake stuck in drain

                              regardless of which type of machine you like,

                              as both types of machines can get stuck,

                              does any one have any more suggestions on how to help the guy remove his cable,
                              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                              attributed to Samuel Johnson
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: sectional snake stuck in drain

                                Originally posted by tgonz72016 View Post
                                Is there anyone out there who has experience in retrieving 7/8 cable that is extremely stuck and broke off 5ft inside the clean out. Looking for the best method of retrieval.


                                Serious question, does a sectional machine (K-60) have enough balls to actually snap a 7/8" cable ?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X