• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sectional snake stuck in drain

Originally posted by BHD View Post
    regardless of which type of machine you like,

as both types of machines can get stuck,

does any one have any more suggestions on how to help the guy remove his cable,

He hasn't posted since I think he got scared and ran off, lol !

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
      Serious question, does a sectional machine (K-60) have enough balls to actually snap a 7/8" cable ?
      Was wondering this myself?? I can see it snapping with the Ridgid 7/8 but not the General 7/8 I.C
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I do have jobs whre the K-60 is great to have those being the little ski lodges during the winter or summer season easy transport into the buildings with very small bathrooms the type of building you need to go up a flight of stairs across an upper level kitchen then down some small stairs into a small hallway then a tiny bathroom pull the toilet run up to 50 feet of 3 inch or 4 inch sewer line to a septic tank. Some crawl spaces to. Other times I use it in homes is because I'm just to lasy to lift my big DM-55 and I know I'm not going to be fighting a major clog.
        I'm thinking a ridgid style attachment to my drill like my drill and eel set up would help rip the cable out if it becomes stuck in a sewer
        Rod
        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
        http://unclognh.com
        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I use the k-380 as an exploratory first in machine,I run it out and get a sample of what is causing the problem.Then I go from there,I only use it to clear soft matter obstructions.The 7500 does the root infestations,the jetter is for grease and ice and sludge.I only ever had 1 cable come back all balled up,only because the person that plumbed the place put the last fitting backwards,the cable went up against the clean out not the septic.I prefer to go from the tank towards the house if possible, the pressure of the water behind the obstruction helps clear the line.I will also not waste my time cabling a line until I can make sure the tank isn't full.I use 3/8 cable in any pipe just to find out what is up.The camera is used to make sure that the job is done right,no one around here will pay extra to see inside the pipe.It is also very usefull in locating tanks,it's amazing how many people have no idea where their tank is.

Comment

Originally posted by asstyme View Post
            serious question, does a sectional machine (k-60) have enough balls to actually snap a 7/8" cable ?

no
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Do that with a K-60

Comment

Just got stuck. We tried to pull the cable (7/8 open wound) with a F 350. The cable was almost pulled streight, did not break or move. Worst part we were to busy to replace the line. The lead cable is still like new. The plastic clean out cap was cut by a lawn mower, the cable got stuck between the line and the cap. I think that a drum would have worked better.

Comment

Maybe I haven't cleared enough drains in my career, but I've never ran across HEAVY roots in a sewer line before like some of the pictures you guys post. Most of the blockages I seem to come across are grease related.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                    Maybe I haven't cleared enough drains in my career, but I've never ran across HEAVY roots in a sewer line before like some of the pictures you guys post. Most of the blockages I seem to come across are grease related.

Most of my main lines are because of roots.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight1 View Post
                      Just got stuck. We tried to pull the cable (7/8 open wound) with a F 350. The cable was almost pulled streight, did not break or move. Worst part we were to busy to replace the line. The lead cable is still like new. The plastic clean out cap was cut by a lawn mower, the cable got stuck between the line and the cap. I think that a drum would have worked better.

You got stuck today with the K-Silly ? Did you finally get it out ?

Comment

If you couldn't pull it out with a F-350, I seriously doubt a drum machine would have helped in this situation

Comment

Thank you so much Ridgid for a place where the plumbers gathered to teach me how to clear drains properly with the K-60.
                          An easily portable machine that spins 3X the speed of the drum.
                          I do not have room for a 250lb machine in my truck.
                          You are alot less likely to crush through a fragile pipe cus you were sitting watching autofeed.
                          If I got stuck as much as you guys do you seriously think I'd still be using it.

It still amazes me when I see some other guys and their work techniques.

Comment

We run in to this all the time. I have never had the K-7500 stuck busting up a 4" pvc C/O Plug

Comment

I do not have room for a 250lb machine in my truck. Get a bigger truck

You are alot less likely to crush through a fragile pipe cus you were sitting watching autofeed. fragile pipes need replaced

If I got stuck as much as you guys do you seriously think I'd still be using it. How many lines do you clear a day?

It still amazes me when I see some other guys and their work techniques. Me Too
                              Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-22-2011, 01:27 PM.

Comment

From reading this thread I am under the impression you haven`t seen a good tree root in years I have a couple every week we in Australia are renouned for a good root (I mean tree root) it all come down to knowing how to push the throbbing cable in and how to pull it out when hot and sweaty as it pulsates in all directions you have to get your hand in the right place to direct the throbby cable so as to enter in the correct position and once there your home and hosed you can relax knowing you have satisfied your client.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                                X