X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sectional snake stuck in drain

I like both sectional and drum machines for sewer mains. I think they both have there advantages and I can open any drain(as long as it doesn't have to be dug up) with either drum or sectional. I used to use Spartan 1065 for my mains, now I'm using Electric Eel Model C for cleanouts and the drill and eel setup for roofs. I'm not a fan of the Ridgid style machines, but that is my personal preference. I like power over speed, it's just my style for drain cleaning and how I learned, so the Ridgid just don't fit my style.
    Will Rogers Plumbing
    Moore, Oklahoma
    (
    405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Part of the line had to be replaced. There was about 10' of cast iron between two sections of pvc. The line was caught in the cast. 1st section is still good The 2nd section has about 5' that is good. I'll make a reverse auger with it.

Comment

I have used several different mainline machines,I started with a 1065 spartan.Then I started using a k-6800 ,when that died I got a k-750.That is a poor excuse for a mainline machine.I now have a k-7500 that I got used off EBay.Of all these I liked the k-6800 the most followed closely by the 7500,I never liked using the other 2 .The 750 should only be used on inside lines,the k-380 is better for that.The Spartan was a total piece of junk,could have been worn out.It didn't have a foot switch and the drum was rusted out slinging poo everywhere,the plumber I worked for didn't take drain cleaning seriouslym and would not fix it to make it safe.I'll stick with my Ridgids forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
          I do not have room for a 250lb machine in my truck. Get a bigger truck

You are alot less likely to crush through a fragile pipe cus you were sitting watching autofeed. fragile pipes need replaced

If I got stuck as much as you guys do you seriously think I'd still be using it. How many lines do you clear a day?

It still amazes me when I see some other guys and their work techniques. Me Too
          Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner.
          I thought about the bigger truck years ago.My company trends go in another direction.A bigger truck would likely end up with the cart jetter before a large snake.I need room for material and more tools onboard for construction.In a perfect world it would be fun to haul around a Big Wheel.
          If I had a truck dedicated to drain cleaning of course it would have a drum.Likely a couple.

Comment

I'm also very grateful for this forum. Helped me make the move to drain cleaning, best move I've made business wise. K-60, k-39af, seesnake and scout. Looking forward to a smaller camera and will add a small drum for known problem drains. Small jetter is on the radar also, have a pw 3800 psi, 3.5gpm hoping to set up for 2" kitchen lines and outdoor area drains.

Thanks O Wise Ones

wookie

Comment

What is it with California and K-Sillys ???

Does California law prohibit the use of a more powerful machine ???

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post

Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

ROFLMAO Your bad lol
                  Rod
                  MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                  Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                  http://unclognh.com
                  http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

east coast has always been a sectional favorite due to basements.

the west coast has always been into drums.

the smart guys have listened to the forum and have been buying k-60 at a record pace.

anytime you want to have an obstacle course set up with drain machines, you'll be sitting on your bucket trying to figure out how to get your machine up and down the stairs and ladders.

37 years of plumbing and drain cleaning, with every make of machine has brought me to fall in love with the k-60.

1+ years is still nursing a bottle.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

the smart guys have listened to the forum and have been buying k-60 at a record pace.

anytime you want to have an obstacle course set up with drain machines, you'll be sitting on your bucket trying to figure out how to get your machine up and down the stairs and ladders.

37 years of plumbing and drain cleaning, with every make of machine has brought me to fall in love with the k-60.

rick.

Yes I still have lots to learn but I just took the advise of a few drain cleaning veterans from the top 3 forums, have lots of common sense & couldn't be happier with the way things have worked out for me.

I value your opinions too just not on the smaller Ridgid sectional machines

Comment

rick.
                        What's interesting and what some don't understand is we get the drains others can't clear. We both have owned multiple drum and sectional machines from multiple manufactures. We both have more machines available than most out there do. However, our favorite machines are sectionals. That doesn't mean we won't use a drum machine when called for, it just means we use the machine that will do the better job for the task at hand. I guess between the two of us we've been at this for over 75-years, I would not be too hard on the newbies.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

rick.

37 years experience vs. 1 year???.. No brainer!!!!...LISTEN TO RICK!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lonestardrain View Post
                            37 years experience vs. 1 year???.. No brainer!!!!...LISTEN TO RICK!!!

With respect to Rick I'll keep running my drums. A no brainer for me and many others

Comment

Ok here we go again..I think a common mistake made by newby's running any snake is that they just go full bore and keep eating into the problem. I have had a few close calls but I always pull back as I feed cable in . Meaning I want to make sure I can retrieve what I have in the drain before adding more cable.When I start having trouble retrieving I pull back till I dont feel as if Im gonna get stuck ..Takes time but this assures I can get back what I've put in..My only worry is when I enter the city main .(sometimes it's the only way to relieve my customers stoppage).Yes, I clear their stoppages all the time then call them and file a report ..I know one day I might get stuck.Thats when you hope your smart enough to get it out..

Merry Christmas all !
                              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

[QUOTE=OLD1;367668]Ok here we go again..I think a common mistake made by newby's running any snake is that they just go full bore and keep eating into the problem. I have had a few close calls but I always pull back as I feed cable in . Meaning I want to make sure I can retrieve what I have in the drain before adding more cable.When I start having trouble retrieving I pull back till I dont feel as if Im gonna get stuck ..Takes time but this assures I can get back what I've put in..My only worry is when I enter the city main .(sometimes it's the only way to relieve my customers stoppage).Yes, I clear their stoppages all the time then call them and file a report ..I know one day I might get stuck.Thats when you hope your smart enough to get it out..

What machine and cable type are you using to clear city mains ?

Comment

Working...
                                X