sectional snake stuck in drain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sectional snake stuck in drain

the great thing about jetting is you know when you hit the city connection/ wye. then i document the footage for future use and know i'm not coming up short or going too long into the 8''+ main.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

What I like about the Model C is that I feed in only feed in 8' sections of 1.25" cable at a time. Slows my pace down and lets me clean the whole inside diameter of the sewer. I never rush on my sewer calls, and if your flat rate and try to rush through sewer clogs, then you will hate the Model C. For those of us that like to slow down and work smarter and do the best possible job, then you will love the Model C. For speed demons, Drums will always to king. Sectionals are slower to operate, but most of the time will out preform the drums(most of the time not always, and it will depend on the operator too).

For me I like both and own both. Inside a house I will grab a drum, outside I will grab a sectional on most calls.
      Will Rogers Plumbing
      Moore, Oklahoma
      (
      405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
      http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
        What I like about the Model C is that I feed in only feed in 8' sections of 1.25" cable at a time. Slows my pace down and lets me clean the whole inside diameter of the sewer. I never rush on my sewer calls, and if your flat rate and try to rush through sewer clogs, then you will hate the Model C. For those of us that like to slow down and work smarter and do the best possible job, then you will love the Model C. For speed demons, Drums will always to king. Sectionals are slower to operate, but most of the time will out preform the drums(most of the time not always, and it will depend on the operator too).

For me I like both and own both. Inside a house I will grab a drum, outside I will grab a sectional on most calls.

I also love my Model C. I even used it twice today (one job was drill) and didn't even touch my 300.

I was referring to the K-Silly & K-Stupid in my earlier posts.

95%+ of my jobs are inside a home but I can get away with the 1.25" sectional cable in the old dirty basements.

Comment

I still consider myself a drain rookie, what I really like about the K-60 is I always have my hand on the cable, feeling what the cable is encountering. Sectional is very responsive. I started out with no training with a drum auto feed just plowed in, never got in trouble but it was a one trick pony IMHO. Reading this forum convinced me to get a K-60, versital and I'm really " gettin it " ways to go yet but confident.

An old buddy of mine kept trying to get me into drains, all " gravy " once you get a machine. Didn't really want to deal with gravy but finally realized I was missing out on alot of work stubborn swede

wookie

Comment

Originally posted by wookie View Post
            I still consider myself a drain rookie, what I really like about the K-60 is I always have my hand on the cable, feeling what the cable is encountering. Sectional is very responsive. I started out with no training with a drum auto feed just plowed in, never got in trouble but it was a one trick pony IMHO. Reading this forum convinced me to get a K-60, versital and I'm really " gettin it " ways to go yet but confident.

An old buddy of mine kept trying to get me into drains, all " gravy " once you get a machine. Didn't really want to deal with gravy but finally realized I was missing out on alot of work stubborn swede

wookie

It's a west coast thing

Comment

[QUOTE=AssTyme;367669]
              Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
              Ok here we go again..I think a common mistake made by newby's running any snake is that they just go full bore and keep eating into the problem. I have had a few close calls but I always pull back as I feed cable in . Meaning I want to make sure I can retrieve what I have in the drain before adding more cable.When I start having trouble retrieving I pull back till I dont feel as if Im gonna get stuck ..Takes time but this assures I can get back what I've put in..My only worry is when I enter the city main .(sometimes it's the only way to relieve my customers stoppage).Yes, I clear their stoppages all the time then call them and file a report ..I know one day I might get stuck.Thats when you hope your smart enough to get it out..

What machine and cable type are you using to clear city mains ?
              Take a guess
              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

[QUOTE=OLD1;367829]
                Originally posted by AssTyme View Post

Take a guess

You're busting open city mains with your K-Silly ? How large are the mains where your at ???

Comment

Electric Eel Model C in action

Will Rogers Plumbing
                  Moore, Oklahoma
                  (
                  405) 323-2852

Comment

pretty much identical to the general 82/ 88 that i also own.

i use the 10' sections and also a couple 4' sections when i hit a hard stoppage. especially when i use my timberwolf drill.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

[QUOTE=AssTyme;367836]

You're busting open city mains with your K-Silly ? How large are the mains where your at ???

Busting into city mains ..No problem..Whatever it takes to clear my customers issues.Yes I will enter a city main without hesitation with a k60 .What else to you need to know.You really need another hobby ..Thanks

Comment

[QUOTE=OLD1;368283]
                        Originally posted by AssTyme View Post

Busting into city mains ..No problem..Whatever it takes to clear my customers issues.Yes I will enter a city main without hesitation with a k60 .What else to you need to know.You really need another hobby ..Thanks
                        I agree, the municipal sewer have never been a concern and I typical run to the tie in plus a little. I would be more concern about getting tangled up in a septic tank.

Mark
                        Last edited by ToUtahNow; 01-03-2012, 10:58 PM.
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Yes no biggy here .I don't really care how far I need to go . If some here are really not fans of ridgid equipment fine . But why not go to their "preferred go to equipment" site and bash .Why keep coming here?? Again get a new hobby please

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            pretty much identical to the general 82/ 88 that i also own.

i use the 10' sections and also a couple 4' sections when i hit a hard stoppage. especially when i use my timberwolf drill.

rick.
                            I use 8' and a few 4' sections. If you get a chance some time I'd love to see some upclose shots of your 82/88 so I can compare it to the Model C.
                            Will Rogers Plumbing
                            Moore, Oklahoma
                            (
                            405) 323-2852

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                              I use 8' and a few 4' sections. If you get a chance some time I'd love to see some upclose shots of your 82/88 so I can compare it to the Model C.
                              here is their operating video of the 88. the 82 is the older model but identical.

Video

you need to fast forward to get past all the safety info.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Yes no biggy here .I don't really care how far I need to go . If some here are really not fans of ridgid equipment fine . But why not go to their "preferred go to equipment" site and bash .Why keep coming here?? Again get a new hobby please

I'm just trying to gather information on all likes of equipment as I own several brands and I'm happy with them all. Having in my possession several pieces of Ridgid equipment I can say that for the most part I'm proud to have them.

I'm just totally amazed on all the fabricated stories coming from the die hard Silly clan here on this forum. The TRUTH can be found elsewhere in the WWW drain cleaning community. The K-Silly is very poor in the durability department and preferred as an average drain cleaning machine at best.

Regularly busting open 8" mains through a home owners cleanout with the K-Silly.............

Really..............

Comment

Working...
                                X