Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sectional snake stuck in drain

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
    I'm just trying to gather information on all likes of equipment as I own several brands and I'm happy with them all. Having in my possession several pieces of Ridgid equipment I can say that for the most part I'm proud to have them.

I'm just totally amazed on all the fabricated stories coming from the die hard Silly clan here on this forum. The TRUTH can be found elsewhere in the WWW drain cleaning community. The K-Silly is very poor in the durability department and preferred as an average drain cleaning machine at best.

Regularly busting open 8" mains through a home owners cleanout with the K-Silly.............

Really..............
    fabricated

so what you're telling me is that my hundreds of post and photos of me and the k-60 in the real world are all staged and fabricated.

time for you to get off that bucket of your's and see it in action.

i'll assume if you don't believe me, then you don't believe adam or ben either. both of them had drum machines they sold after getting the k-60.

8'' never tried nor would i with a 7/8'' cable

4'' x 6'' on a regular basis to the city saddle.

show me some pictures of you and your drums in acton. love to see a roof shot, crawl space shot, basement shot, and carrying it up 3 flights of stairs.

as far as durability goes. my k-60 that i bought used from a rental company has been serviced by me. in the 4 years i've owned it, i've replaced 4 bearings and 1 clutch. that's under $200. retail in parts.

not bad for a used rental machine considering i've billed it out 699 times and several hundred more times in contract work.

i rather doubt in your limited time in the drain cleaning field, your machine has seen as much use and as much roots as my used k60 has. and if it ever dies, i still have 2 more brand new ones waiting, along with several other sectional machines and a dozen more drum machines getting dusty.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

LOL - Let's not let the rookie get you riled up Rick. I remember a short 6-years ago when you had some similar concerns. Drain cleaning is about using the right equipment for the right job, that is a learned skill. Those of us who have owned/do own both are the ones who can best judge what works for us. I'm guessing you still have a number of drum machines in your shop you can go to if needed.

Mark.
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Aside from all his Ridgid bashing/joking AssTyme is actually a pretty good guy. For the most part he is just busting y'alls balls.
        Will Rogers Plumbing
        Moore, Oklahoma
        (
        405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
        http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          I remember a short 6-years ago when you had some similar concerns. Mark.
          So the truth finally comes out!!

So the question is...K-60 or No K-60?

Should I bother selling my K-75a for a K -60, or just keep it?

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post

Keep the K-75A, it's not lacking balls

Comment

The All Clear Video showed a very flat yard to get to the C/O, I probably would have used my 1065 for that job also, but if there was a trip to the basement in that house I would have grabbed the k-60. But I carry both and pick and choose depending on the job. As to the k-60 power it won't snap a open wind 7/8 but it can bend the f*** out of it. This year I have only used the 1065 drum on the lines I have done no k-60 but it's only the 4th day of the year!
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post

flux, the k-75 has been discontinued. so keep it as a museum piece so down the road your kids will have something to show off.

the k-60 has the same 1/2hp motor and is less than 1/2 the weight and size. much easier to load and get it where you're working.

i have 3- 1500's and they are not in my truck. only the 1.25'' cable and drill is there. the k-60 just did another 6'' main line root stoppage this morning that the other guy was going to jet. had only a 3'' c/o at the rear of the house 82' out from the stoppage at the city wye. a jetter would have flooded the house due to the wall c/o location.

so that now makes it 700 billable k60 jobs along with the hundreds of contract jobs not counted. not bad for a used rental machine with only a few bearings and a clutch.

once you add the k-60 to your truck, you'll have more room for other goodies. mine sits on a shelf and takes up little room.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I am probally the newest and least experienced drain cleaner on this forum bye far.. i own a k45 af a )750 af and recently bought a k 60 im 5' 6" and have a ***** of atime loading my 750 i must say i like having but have not used it since getting my k 60 very few root jobs "so far mostly plugged up sanitary t and misused fittings plugged restaurant lines private septic systems ect ect. The k 60 fits behind the seat of my dodge and hasnt let me down. If you want to get paid to sit on a bucket dont buy a sectional. But i must say the k 60 does the job and i wouldnt go without one its only done about 7 or 8 jobs but ive only had that many calls for that paticular machine i use my k 45 twice a week on average.. "especially friends and family". I think if you want something that does the job and takes up minimal space its worth its weight in gold. Although never using a drum or sectional till i purchased them i have no idea about the competion... Just my insight theirs nothing silly about this compact machine .. thanks seanny

Comment

The K60 is an OK machine more a mid level machine unlike your industrial power snake machines like the DM-55, Eel Model C, 7500 and the 1500. I find the k60 does not clear all the roots out of the pipe this could be just my service area where it seems everyone only has a 3 inch cleanout caps and I can't fit my T-111 cutter. It's really about making your job easier with machine choice. I also have an adaptor from Drain Cables Direct that I can attach my Duracable blades to the Ridgid 7/8 cable helps up the cutter choice for better cleaning results.
                    Rod
                    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                    http://unclognh.com
                    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

actually the k-60 sectional cable vrs. a 3/4'' drum cable does a better job of cutting and cleaning than the drum cable.

the open wind sectional will grab and rip out roots on the cable winds without a cutter. the cable spins 3 times faster and the open winds will act as an auger. 1 trick is to put a bend on your lead cable to allow for an offset whip at the cutter. same as i do with my reverse auger from a 1.5'' c/o to a 4'' line.

a 3'' c/o leaves little choice for the cutters when you have a 4''- 6'' root stoppage. i use the 4'' rotary root saw.

i had the same issue yesterday. 3'' c/o with a heavy root stoppage in the 6'' main saddle connection. used my 3'' root saw and cut out the best i could. came back with roots on the cutter and a few feet back on the cable.

owner will have me jet in april.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

This is why I love the Model C so much. Can clean 2"-10" pipes.

Will Rogers Plumbing
                        Moore, Oklahoma
                        (
                        405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                        http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                          This is why I love the Model C so much. Can clean 2"-10" pipes.

There is a water supply one foot from the drain -JET$$$$$

Comment

i do the same thing with my timberwolf and save the floor space and weight of my general 82/88 machine.

the only time i carry the 82/88 is when i have a real long run downhill. the machine is easier to fight the torque than the drill.

but i'm now more prone to jet when i have long runs or steep downhills.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Ok guys, I don't post alot but have a couple questions. We only have the drum machines and they work best for what WE do, but never hurts to learn more...How do you make sure that the cable is at least semi-clean before you store it and how do you store it?? Does the cable just lay on the back of your truck?? How do you NOT make a HUGE mess indoors(tarps?)??? Doesnt that thing just fling poo all over the place?? I keep seeing that it spins 5 times faster than a drum, so does that mean it flings it 5 times further?? I watched the 88 video and it has you stand back so far that place would be a MESS when you were done if not outdoors..

I get the usage for residential spaces with the ability to carry the sectional anywhere and that makes sense, right tool for the job.
                              I forget who posted it, but who stores their drain machine behind the seat of their truck?? I don't want to ride in that truck!! Here in VA the summers get awfully HOT that entire cab would STINK, I don't care how well you clean that thing!! I know it smells like money but jeez not on the ride home!

Comment

Thé câbles ride in my job box and i m pretty anal about keeping my tools clean.. i havent flung much poo either? Ps Its my service truck Not my Rolls-Royce... Oh and Its wrapped in three drop sheets in case of poo..

Thé câbles come in baskets " dirtbike tire would work well havent got their yet.. and thé câbles does spin dry most times. I leave my câble in thé drain hook * flex supply to thé closest. Stop and wash my câble clean.. hope This helps Hows thé coast This time of year MEP... ?
                                Last edited by seanny deep; 01-13-2012, 10:24 PM. Reason: didnt want to sound like an ***

Comment

Working...
                                X