X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 5/8" sectional C7 C8 & C9...Differenced between them

I am getting ready to purchase some 5/8" cable for my K50...I use the 5/8" cable for my kitchen sink lines...Ridgid makes 3 different 5/8" sectional cable...Which one is the best for kitchen sink lines...Tom

Re: Ridgid 5/8" sectional C7 C8 & C9...Differenced between them

I prefer the open wind of the C8. I believe it to be more effective with grease/gunk. Because it is open wind it is more flexible than the C7. I also carry sections of the C7 which is stiffer which I will use to follow after several sections of the C8. I have never used the C9-10' sections with the K50.

I have always wondered why sectional cable came in 7.5' lengths.....

Comment

I also have found the open wind 5/8" cable clears the 1 1/2" sink lines way better than 1/4 or 5/16....I use the ridgid down head auger and it works very well I have never had much of a problem getting past the 1st 90.......I found with the 1/4 & 5/16 " would go thru the blackage but not necessarily open the line up...The 5/8" is the ticket...I'll try the C 8... Tom

Comment

the 7.5 foot open 5/8 cable is my fav.

Comment

I was just wondering the same thing but I am using a k60 . i can get 7/8 down most kitchen lines but not 2" p-traps i like open wind cables more than I ever thought I would.

Comment

Originally posted by pipe doc View Post
            I was just wondering the same thing but I am using a k60 . i can get 7/8 down most kitchen lines but not 2" p-traps i like open wind cables more than I ever thought I would.
            if it's less than 14', then the rick reverse auger will work. but don't try putting a section with a connector into the trap. it will not come back. ask me how i know

nothing wrong with the 5/8'' through a 2'' trap. i do it all the time on showers and laundry lines.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

it seems like c-8 is most used . no comments on c-9?

Comment

orded c-8 and some blades.

Comment

15 feet is ridgid standard, 7.5 is half, makes math easier

Comment

used new c-8 cable today in the k60 worked great in a 2"floor drain

Comment

Yep if its kitchens and you need the flexiblity then its the C 8 cables.
                      Warning on DWV copper drain lines ,,,,,,C8 can hang up on corners and turn and be hard to get out.
                      C9 have not try yet but am considering it for light main work ,,,,,,,,,,
                      Still only got one K60 but still thinking about replaceing k50 with it ,,,,,but still not done it.
                      Drum for the 5/16 cable will fit on the k60 but i would suggest a intercore cable then.

Comment

Working...
                      X