• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanLawrence
    replied
    Re: Steel nuts in PVC

Originally posted by dcman View Post
    As long as you don't use that silly spartan....have to to use the Ridgid with balls !!!

Leave a comment:

• plumb4life
    replied

If there is a cleanout downstream that you can stop up, I vote for the murratic acid to disolve the rust holding the nuts together. Then drain the liquid after awhile and get the 3/8' cable out with offset bends and no head.

Leave a comment:

• AFM
    replied

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
    Wonders if a sectional versus drum discussion is going to start, where is my popcorn???
    O no please don`t

Tony

Leave a comment:

• dcman
    replied

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
    Drum roll please............................

As long as you don't use that silly spartan....have to to use the Ridgid with balls !!!

Leave a comment:

• AssTyme
    replied

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
    Wonders if a sectional versus drum discussion is going to start, where is my popcorn???

Leave a comment:

• OkieBill
    replied

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post

Leave a comment:

• AssTyme
    replied

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
    I cannot believe they are so stuck to that you cannot break them loose. Maybe not from each other, but at least from the wall of the pvc pipe. Cast iron or galvanized I'd buy that they are stuck to the wall hard, but not pvc. Once loose, I'd get the wad flopping around in there trying to break them off one at a time until I could push it through or pull it back to somewhere I could get it.

I wonder if you need something with more torque capability to bust it off the pipe?

Leave a comment:

• Ace Sewer
    replied

I cannot believe they are so stuck to that you cannot break them loose. Maybe not from each other, but at least from the wall of the pvc pipe. Cast iron or galvanized I'd buy that they are stuck to the wall hard, but not pvc. Once loose, I'd get the wad flopping around in there trying to break them off one at a time until I could push it through or pull it back to somewhere I could get it.

I wonder if you need something with more torque capability to bust it off the pipe?

Leave a comment:

• OkieBill
    replied

Silly question, Have you tried a retriever? I have a few that I have opened up for specialty grabs. Do you have access to a sewer camera so you can watch your work?
    Sometimes you just gotta jackhammer.... ( Here is a line locate I did yesterday, perfect hit)

Leave a comment:

• ArizonaPlumber
    replied

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    Have You EVER seen a Marine do anything easy?
    If I recall correctly, there is only two ways to do anything, the easy way and the Marine Corps way.
    I stand corrected.
    Carry on with your Aerosol Attack.

SF

Leave a comment:

• toolaholic
    replied

Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber View Post
    Why not just buy a regular can of Liquid Wrench? No gas.
    Just asking
    Have You EVER seen a Marine do anything easy?

Leave a comment:

• ArizonaPlumber
    replied

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    Take a new can of liquid wrench, with a cloth over top Peirce the can with an awl , to let out gas out.
    Pour the contents down the stack. Tell the folks to not use that fixture for a day.
    Why not just buy a regular can of Liquid Wrench? No gas.
    Just asking

Leave a comment:

• toolaholic
    replied

Take a new can of liquid wrench, with a cloth over top Peirce the can with an awl , to let out gas out.
    Pour the contents down the stack. Tell the folks to not use that fixture for a day.

Leave a comment:

• Doctordeere
    replied

Muriatic acid will dissolve the corrosion holding the mass together if it's in a spot where the acid can sit on it a while.

Leave a comment:

• SuperPro
    replied

What about cutting the stack just above floor level, this will shorten the distance to the blockage. Then I would take an old rod cut to the proper length to reach the blockage + 8" or so. This would be the biggest rod that could make the 1/4 bend turn, 1/2" or maybe 5/8" depending on the rod stiffness. Now you are able to hammer on the end of the rod to try and break the rust deposit apart, then pull it out with a magnet or flush it to the main.
    I was on a reno job in a shopping mall last year, with in a week of the tenant moving in the main drain plugged. After clearing the drain it plugged again in about a week. Put the camera in and seen that during construction a sprinkler head with chrome flange got into the 6" line and had worked it way down the line about 80 feet. Pulled out the camera, took a coat hanger wire, wrapped it around the camera head with a hook out in front of the camera head. Put the camera back in, hooked on to the sprinkler head and put it back out of the drain 80 feet. No problems since then.
    For every problem there's always a solution, just don't let your competition be the solution to your customers problem!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X