X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtfu...ck

Got a call local restaurant is plugged up everythings backing up. Id snaked it a few weeks ago brought back a ton of paper towels, "that was using the k 60 so i said enough loaded the k 750 and went on my way last time i was their i cut out a bunch of back grading castiron and repiped it in abs "no cleanout before" added a c/o and went on my way. Last time i waited till they were. Closed didnt start till 7;30 pm anyways go their today untread c/o half a turn threads on cap rip out cleanout shoots buy my head and sewage and contaminated water begin rushing bye my head. Frantically grabbing 5gallon pails and catching what i can basement fills with toilet paper corn "yesterdays special" and shiet 3" later and 8 buckets it finally stops..... Wtf its 22' to the sewer c onnection and a 4" pipe can not have 60 to 70 gallons of water in it over that distance start asking questions get told theirs a cleanout outside "previously told their was not get taken okut back fto a concreate well ring with a ancient sealed concreate lid remove lid to find the original septic tank "sewer was put in twenty years ago" pull lid and see the ring of sludge of where the water level was when i touched the cleanout..... I know i should have found this out before naking but call it lack of experience or stupidity ... But why when they got connected to the sewer would they have just tied into the outlet on the tank?.... Im so confused it was a tic keted plumber that did the connection what ijs the point of beeing on sewer if u still have a septic tank? .......? Any ideas or advise thanks seanny

Re: wtfu...ck

I don`t know about your plumbing but here all restaurants have to have grease intercepter tanks to catch any grease from the kitchens from entering the sewerage lines and depending on the size of the restaurant can be the size of a septic tank

Tony

Comment

Thats why I carry a bunch of 3" & 4" cleanout plugs in the truck. I never unscrew one without first drilling a hole in it. It does take a long time to drain, but you can stop it with a piece of duct tape while you change buckets. Plus its by the hour. I feel for ya, that does suck when it happens.
      26+6=1

Comment

It might be a grease trap, that would be my first thought, but in the event their sewer was too low to gravity feed into the main it could be a septic tank serving as a lift station. Make sure of that, if its a lift station and the pump quit that could very well be your problem. I've seen it so that's why I'm sayin'.

Comment

Im retarded it ended up being a wellring with a backwater valve that had failed and plugged up the cleanout on the top and blown off and the outlet was plugged with grease i didnt even think about it but of course that makes sense... Thanks for the advise i guess it does come down to inexperience as far as the cleanout goes im gona get a innertube from a skidder wheeel and hose clamp that to the pipe and close the other side and use it as a funnel.... Thanks again guys jeez i feel stupid...

Comment

Hey you know what they say Rome wasn't build in a day,

so these are the things you learn as a plumber,

when i was teaching i would tell the guys that i was teaching from the many mistakes i

made over the years not because i got it right right the first time ever time
            JERRYMAC
            E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
            CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
            FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
            SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by jerrymac View Post
              hey you know what they say rome wasn't build in a day,

so these are the things you learn as a plumber,

when i was teaching i would tell the guys that i was teaching from the many mistakes i

made over the years not because i got it right right the first time ever time
              amen
              26+6=1

Comment

Working...
              X