Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small Electric Pressure Washer for Jetter?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Electric Pressure Washer for Jetter?

I'm a new member here and have read hours of threads/posts on using a small 'carry type' pressure washer for jetting small lines. Something that works on a 15amp or 20amp circuit with plug converter.

But most posts seem to be one or more years old. At this time the main consensus leaned toward the AP 610 as a favorite machine with tips and hoses from amazingmachinery.com, or cloghog.com.

What I'm wondering is what the current thinking is. What have you had success with? Brand, model, flow/psi, favorite hose/tips. I appreciate your time for specific/detailed help in recommending something.

Thank you.

Re: Small Electric Pressure Washer for Jetter?

2 hp/ 19 amps. 2.1gpm at 1500 psi. 2'' pipe max.

a gas unit with a jumper hose will be a wiser choice.

i just bought a new little jetter yesterday.

4000 psi, 18 gpm. 49 hp. 18'' pipe and smaller.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I bought a small AR eletric jetter,1500 psi @1.3 gpm.I bought the jetter hose with the nozzle built in,I was actually surprised at how well it works.The key is to make sure the nozzle is the correct one for the power washer,I only use it on 2" and under sink lines.The total cost was $150,well worth the money.

Comment

Thank you Rick. I've read many of your posts these these last few weeks of research.

I do have a gas unit I will be converting as well for summer use. But during the winter it's very cold (and snowy in MN) and I want something small and simple just to do kitchen/laundry lines so I don't have to drag something around in the freezing mess. Yes, 2" max. I understand. And it's mostly 'grease,' food and lint I'm dealing with in these lines.

Are you using the AP 610 at this time? I remember you saying, I think, not to go with a vertical washer.

I was looking at something like this TrapBlaster The TrapBlast (M20T): Cleans 1 1/2" - 2" lines. But it's too much money in my opinion.

I could also fabricate my own machine I guess.

Can you also tell me what size hose and tips you currently using? I know you've posted recommendations in the past, but I know new things are discovered and preferences can change in a short time.

Thanks in advance, and I appreciate your time.

John

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        2 hp/ 19 amps. 2.1gpm at 1500 psi. 2'' pipe max.

a gas unit with a jumper hose will be a wiser choice.

i just bought a new little jetter yesterday.

4000 psi, 18 gpm. 49 hp. 18'' pipe and smaller.

rick.

Comment

Rick, any specs on this gas unit you recommend?

Thanks, David

Comment

I bought a small blue electric power washer 1500 psi @1.3gpm,I got the jetter hose that matches the pump.I am surprised at how well it works.It pulls hard and seems to do a good job,I got it for 2" and under lines up to 20' long.I have a cart gas jetter for longer and larger lines.

Comment

same thing for years; PWMall-AR610-AR Blue Clean 1350/1800 PSI Electric Pressure Washer 2.1GPM, 115V

exitflex dp 1.3 hose

aquamole or really anyone w/o their head up their butt for nozzles
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

We use a small brief case style pressure washer called 'the Quicky'. It runs 9LPM at 1800psi. That's about the most you will get from single phase 240v power before 3 phase.

We then use a 1/8" 30' 'whip hose' with a Mustang Compressor 6 rear 1 forward jet ss nozzle. It has saved me many times. We can also use a 60' whip hose but experience a 30% pressure and flow loss.
                Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Who had that demo video with a converted AR pressure washer? I found in once but now I can't.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by bill2601 View Post
                    We use a small brief case style pressure washer called 'the Quicky'. It runs 9LPM at 1800psi. That's about the most you will get from single phase 240v power before 3 phase.

We then use a 1/8" 30' 'whip hose' with a Mustang Compressor 6 rear 1 forward jet ss nozzle. It has saved me many times. We can also use a 60' whip hose but experience a 30% pressure and flow loss.

Hey Bill, maybe I should send my quicky back to you to have you check and tune. I dont reckon I am getting anywhere near what you are saying above. Only use a 10mtr hose too.........!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Have you had it serviced since you owned it. Check there is no obstruction in the inlet filter. Remember, 1800psi is nothing like using your standard 5000psi jetter!
                      Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Rick,wth your new jetter are concerned with doing more damage then good?4000 psi will drill a hole in concrete.I own a mustang jetter and still trying to decide if I like it.

Comment

remember that the 4000# is not hitting the pipe at a 90 degree impact. it's more of a steeper angle like 15-45 degrees. while it's true 4000# will cut concrete, it takes time with the proper nozzle and volume to actually do any harm to the pipe.

the 4000 is at the pump and with pressure loss, it could be 3500 or less at the nozzle depending on hose and length.

fortunately with years of jetting and hundreds upon hundreds of videos, i'm not too worried as i've see the good and bad.

jetting is here to stay and more and more companies are doing jetting than before.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                          X