Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

timberwolf superhawg , for drain cleaning?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timberwolf superhawg , for drain cleaning?

I hear lots about This Can someone explain what or how exactly you do This ..,i have ├* pretty good idea or picture but am just Not s├╗re If Im missing something? Thanks seanny

Re: timberwolf superhawg , for drain cleaning?

Yes we are waiting for a video Rick of you using your timberwolf when clearing a blocked sewer or is it just talk thanks for bring this up Seanny

Tony

Comment

are you serious?

i'm not the only one using a drill/ timberwolf for running 1.25'' cables.

i have no videos, but plenty of photos using a timberwolf.

there are plenty of threads on this subject too.

it's no different than the eel video, except that the drill motor powers the cable the same way as the eel or the general does.

i use 10' sections of 1.25'' cable and when it gets difficult or too far from the opening, i'll swap out the cable to a 4' section and develop more torque and less slop outside the opening.

remember the timberwolf in low gear will drill a 4 5/8'' hole on solid wood and turn it into shavings. it's got more than enough torque to twist the cable to a pretzel.

it's only dangerous when you don't respect the tool or cable and you're still learning the feel of it.

now i need to go dig up some threads and photos of the thousands i've already posted.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

here is one thread of many about the timberwolf. read through and i discuss the adapter i used/ made.

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t21518/

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Nothing to be serious about just curious, so from what i gather you open the chuck put the female end in tighten stick down drain til you hit obstruction and let the drill do the work.... Besides not having the tool or right tool the advantage is? Just curious not putting anything or anyone down.. what it is the advantage to this tactic? Thanks rick curiousity killed the cat?

Comment

So know i got to make an adaptor and buy 1:25" sectional cable your lucky my partner doesnt read the forum you cost me money every thread " ps thanks im a tool addict/ junky". Look forward to pics on the adaptor seanny

Comment

here's another thread of the timberwolf.

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t20587/

rick.

seanny, then you better not read my new jetter threads. you'd need to sell the farm.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Selling the farm aint an option actually im trying to figure out how to buy the old mans house if i did id have two houses on 7 acres and 3 25' by 75' lots in town with a house and a shop.. that aside i want a propress and see snake 100' and know a drill cable set up dont even get me started on a jetter i need a shop on wheels first.. hey rick if you and the family ever want a beautiful vacation come to the kootenays i got lots of places for you guys to pitch a tent ill buy the pie and milkshakes in exchange for some tips and tricks anyways thanks and look forward to a vid im sure youll post the next time the timberwolf gets used thanks again seanny

Comment

I don't use the DW124, but have been thinking of upgrading to it or the super holehawg. For now I use the Milwaukee Hole Shooter 1/2" drill.
                  Attached Files
                  Will Rogers Plumbing
                  Moore, Oklahoma
                  (
                  405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                  http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

some more info on the drill and pictures.

see post 9 and 13.

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t25979/

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Haven't run my Drill and Eel setup inside a "finished" home yet. I use mine for the roof jobs and the rare basement jobs. I read that you where thinking of doing a set up with 5/8" cable. Do you ever do that? I've been thinking of doing that also. Electric Eel makes a 5/8" dual cable that is mini version of there 1.25". I run it in my Model N, it will self feed just like your General cable. You might want to check it out.

Also I read you made a comment on 7/8" cable with the Drill. I do this all the time with my Electric Eel 7/8" J-Cable. I have not had a problem with it over torquing, flipping over, etc. I use it for 2"-4" pipes. I use it only on soft stoppages in 4". It's a killer setup for 2" roof vents. Works just as well as the 1.25" cable, it's just not as powerful. You should diffidently check it out.
                      Will Rogers Plumbing
                      Moore, Oklahoma
                      (
                      405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                      http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

I posted a video on here somewhere running the drill and eel last year
                        Rod
                        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                        http://unclognh.com
                        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                          Haven't run my Drill and Eel setup inside a "finished" home yet. I use mine for the roof jobs and the rare basement jobs. I read that you where thinking of doing a set up with 5/8" cable. Do you ever do that? I've been thinking of doing that also. Electric Eel makes a 5/8" dual cable that is mini version of there 1.25". I run it in my Model N, it will self feed just like your General cable. You might want to check it out.

Also I read you made a comment on 7/8" cable with the Drill. I do this all the time with my Electric Eel 7/8" J-Cable. I have not had a problem with it over torquing, flipping over, etc. I use it for 2"-4" pipes. I use it only on soft stoppages in 4". It's a killer setup for 2" roof vents. Works just as well as the 1.25" cable, it's just not as powerful. You should diffidently check it out.
                          Will, I used to run the 7/8 J cable with the drill in Boston all the time no problem. Lots of times it was in old 2 Inch roof drains on 3 family homes with flat roofs or down 2 inch vent lines It did pretty well.
                          Rod
                          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                          http://unclognh.com
                          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I use the Dewalt 460 (DWD 460) as my drill to do this as it has "Bind-up-control" .

Here is a link to the drill I use: DWD460 1/2" (13mm) VSR Stud & Joist Drill with Clutch and Bind-Up Control® | DEWALT Tools

I have found this drill to be a lifesaver in high torque situations because the drill will not bind and kick you and is as tuff or tuffer then my Milwaukee.

If you have the choice let technology make the job safer for you...

Bill

Comment

this is the one i use. it's the dewalt updated timberwolf

DW124 1/2" (13mm) Stud & Joist Drill | DEWALT Tools

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X