Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K750 drum electric eel

Does any one own a K750 sewer machine if so have you had problems with it

Re: K750 drum electric eel

Another head scratcher..................

Comment

I own one and no I have not had problems with it, besides it it is heavy, and had to replace the air bulb that operates the switch,

(may help if you explain what type of problem you having),

(edit, I own a Ridgid K 750)
      Last edited by BHD; 01-17-2012, 11:20 AM.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

"K750 drum electric eel"

???????????????

Comment

I took it as "eclectic ell" as a generic term for the type of drum machine In this instance,
          similar to using
          crescent wrench, instead of adjustable open end wrench,
          pony clamps for pipe clamps,
          channel locks instead of a wide mouth adjustable plier
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Electric eel is not a generic term like Crescent wrench, or channel locks, calling it a rodder, or rooter is more a generic term. I don't think there is any manufacture name that is considered a generic term.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Sorry guys, in Australia, eletric eel is a generic term we use for all sewer cleaning machines, most blokes dont even know its a brand name.
              any way. With regards to the K750, the cable constantly jumps and twists inside the drum. meaning about an hours down time pulling it apart to repair.
              i also keep breaking cables and cutter heads. I have had more down time with this machine than i have had earning a buck.

Comment

what size and type of cable ar e you using ?

hollow core ?
                inner core ?

Most of the time when the cable flips over in the K-750 it means one of 2 thing.

Wrong or worn cable or user error.

Since the K-750 does not have a inner drum you need to be careful when using hollow core cable even the ¾”

I have a K-750 and run 5/8” hollow core and cut roots out of secondary lines “ floor drains “ all the time.
                But for main lines I use my K7500 with the inner drum with 3/8” IC “ inner core cable.

Roots can be cleared with H.C. cable but you must be careful of over torqing the snake.

Just my 2 cents worth
                Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                1-920-284-7471

Comment

my first thoughts is is the guide tube working correctly, turning freely,
                  (the 750's do not have the inter drum like the 7500),
                  I do not us mine a lot, but nearly ever time I have use it, it been in roots, and have never had the cable flip on me or mess up in the drum, I use 3/4 inter core cable, and have never broke a cutter,
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                  X