Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i have bought a new small jetter good choice ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: i have bought a new small jetter good choice ?

here were your questions and my answers back on 2/1/12. it took you 4 months to figure out i was right. nothing has changed. either get a large engine or lower the psi and the gpm will go back up. there is only so much 13 hp will do. if it was a 13 hp diesel, then it would have been fine or even better.

rick.

Originally posted by spanien View Post
    Hello again,

The business is going up in spain, so i have bought another jetter for a minivan.

At the moment I used a jetter unit with 3000 psi 8 gallons/p.minute.

For the smaller van it was only a posibility of a small cart jetter.

the choices:

5 gallons 3000 psi 11 hp

or 4 gallons 4000 psi. 13 hp

I have bought the second one the 4 gallons 4000 psi.

I am not sure if i have made the correct choice, but it have been a lot of cheaper that the other one.

I hope it will be good enough in 4" drains.

Please let me know your opinion.
    Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    yes, your numbers are overrated. you can't get 5 gpm at 3000 with 11hp . same issue with the 13 hp. drop the pressure and the rpm goes up so does the gpm. raise the pressure and the rpm goes down along with the gpm.

the pump might be rated for those specs, but not with the gas hp requirements you've listed. with a commercial diesel engine, yes.

rick.
    Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    4 gpm at 3700 is still a stretch. more like 4 at 3500 with a 13hp engine.

5 at 2700 with an 11 hp still doesn't compute.

stick with the 13hp. and get a root ranger nozzle for the roots.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

How to go down with the Psi ? only with the pressure regulator ? which is on the machine for close or tighten ?

I am very unhappy with this machine Rick.

The 8 gallons jetter with 3000 psi goes very very good, their is no problem.

But with this small machine I have saved money, but it runs so bad.

So Rick, What solution we can give to these Problem ? it is an COmet Pump ZWD4040 with the 13 Hp Honda motor.

I have bought new nozzles, nothing have go better. I have test it when it was new 4 Gallons without nozzle 4 gallons exactly and now little bit less, but the machine so not have pulling energy.

I have had when I started my busines a german machine with german pump: 3000 psi at 5 gpm with 11 Hp honda and it runs lot of better than this sh---t.
      Last edited by spanien; 06-06-2012, 10:26 AM. Reason: 1

Comment

to lower the pressure, you back off the locking nut or knob on the unloader valve. some have a setscrew to lock them, others have a double nut and others have an adjustable knob. post a photo and it will be easy to tell how to do it.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I have spoken this morning to the manufacturer of the small jetter, I bought it directly from tham.

So if I pay a little bit more ( about 1000 $) they will take the small one back and give me these one:

Kohler motor 14Hp Comet pum with 3/8 Hose and 5.8 gpm 3000 psi.

You think the numbers are true ? is that Ok ?

Comment

numbers are still too high. have them run it at their shop and install the proper nozzle. measure the true water in a trash can. i'm thinking more like 4.75 at 3000 by the time you fight the pressure loss of the hoses.

even with the formula of 1100 units per h.p comes out to just over 5 gpm. 3000# x 5.8gpm = 17400.units 17400 / 1100 = 15.8hp. or 14hp, x 1100 =15400 units / 3000# = 5.13 gpm

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I understand you, but it seems that some manufacturas use an gearbox or bellbox. look at this:

11 hp motor honda 10 gallons at 1500 psi.

Comment

all the gear box does is slow down the pump for direct drive to an engine. a pulley on a belt does the same thing too.

once again 10 gpm at 1500# from 11hp engine is a stretch. drop the pressure to 1100# and the math computes. but who in the world would use that much water with that low pressure to clean pipes.

look on some american or australian websites for jetters and look at the jetter specs. i rather doubt they are selling anything like you guys are being sold.

remember as the pipe size gets smaller, the hoses get smaller and with smaller hoses comes lower pressure and lower volume. 10 gpm might work for 4'' pipe with 1/2'' hose. but it's not going to work on 1.5'' - 3'' too good. bring up the pressure and you then can afford to drop some volume and pressure loss.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Thank you for the formula, this makes thiks to understans a lot of better.

But what will you do in my situation ? I know a stupid question.

But you would keep the 13 Hp honda with 4 gpm and about 3500 psi and by a good hose ?

or you would change to the unit the dealer ofert me. 14 hp kohler with 5 gallons 3000 psi of course, paying about 1000 $ for that deal.

Will I notice the difference betwwen 4 and 5 gallons per minute ?

Thank you again Rick.

Comment

will you get your original money back if you turn in the unit that doesn't work properly? if you get the money back, i would keep the 13 hp 4 gpm 3500# and use that for the time being.
                    otherwise save up for a larger machine.

if you need to buy the 14hp and add $1000. to get your money back then do it. the increase is 25% more water. it will help some. 5 gpm is about the limit for 1/4'' hose.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

@Rick,

We will keep the small "unhappy" unit. we will give it to the dealer to adjust it again to 4 gpm

I will look to sale it slowly with no pressure on me.

So what I will do is buy a good hose. Somebody can sale me two types of hoses.

Of course slick outside.

This two 1/4 types:

pur/ polyurethan very lightwait but not so flexible

or gum a little bit more weight but more flexible.

Comment

i prefer the polyurethane as it's slicker and a tougher hose.

actually my best hoses are stainless braided hoses. they're expensive, but a smaller od. for the same id. if you kink them, you can destroy them.

the rubber style hoses cut and nick much faster and tend to stick in the turns and stretch more.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

@Rick,

Just today sold the small jetter to somebody private.

So these is what i can buy with the money I have.

10 Gpm at 1500 Psi 13 Cv Honda motor, slick hose 3/8 and waterdeposite.

Choice two:

5 gpm at 3000 psi 14 Hp Kohler motor rubbered hose 3/8 and waterdeposite.

I have no other choices, for the money i have

Comment

Not sure if you wanted other opinions but mine is choice 2. Get rid of the 3/8 hose and go with 1/4" and add a root ranger.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

10 gpm is way too much water for small pipe. and 1500 psi is way too little pressure.

the 5 gpm at 3000 psi is not a bad combination. 3/8'' id hose is too stiff for 2'' pipe with bends. so 1/4'' is a good choice when need be. although the 1/4'' will have a lot more pressure drop at 5 gpm than the 3/8'' hose.

today i did 168' run on 2'' pipe with 3/8'' hose and a 1/4'' warthog nozzle. of course it was a straight run and pulled easily at 4000# and 6gpm.

ben will attest to that

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

@Rick,

I need it for 4" drains, 6" drains and up to 8". and not for 2" drains.

I think you understand me wrong or an mistake is in the number you wright.

Comment

Working...
                                X