Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

i have bought a new small jetter good choice ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: i have bought a new small jetter good choice ?

5 at 3000 is fine for 4'' and will do 6'' slowly. 8'' is a stretch.

but 1500psi is too low of pressure for almost anything but mud. forget roots and hard grease.

why can't you get a higher pressure pump like the rest of us use? 1 is high pressure and common volume for a cart jetter and the other is high volume and relatively low pressure for a jetter. plus it requires a holding tank for the water and will be useless for anything i encounter except mud.

why not just buy from another source something that the rest of the guys on the forum use. if not i would still go with the 5 at 3000 between the 2 choices.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thank you Rich for all your help and the time you spend to explain everything to me and also to all the other users.

THe only machine I have bought which is something similar you use in usa is my jetter which i bought in the UK. 3000 Psi 8 Gallons per liter.

The rest in europe, like here in Spain, germany,Netherland,etc do not use so much pressure, it is totaly untipic to use so much pressure.

THis jetters have pathed thrugh my hands:

5 gpm at 2800 psi

3 gpm at 1500 psi

8 gpm at 3000 psi

4 gpm at 3500 psi.

At the moment I only keep the 8 gpm at 3000 psi.

Now i have just ordered today the 10 gpm at 1500 psi.

I now Rick, it is the opposite of your recomendation. But i have bought it thrugh an company which is speciaist in jettings machines in europe, like in the usa for example us jetters or similar.

They make me an very good price with accesorias and waterdeposit.

web: www.rioned.com

You can see also the internetpage in english, it is only that you can see what we in europe do.

I will tell you the experience with this new jetter.

Comment

That company is a joke. There is no way that jetter will do what it's advertised to be. You need at least an 18hp and it's an 11hp. You waste your money if you want to but rick and everyone else has been telling you the right thing to do, don't be fustrated when this unit is crap. If that company is so good why not just ask them instead of coming on here asking the same questions and doing what you're gonna do anyway?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by spanien View Post
          Thank you Rich for all your help and the time you spend to explain everything to me and also to all the other users.

THe only machine I have bought which is something similar you use in usa is my jetter which i bought in the UK. 3000 Psi 8 Gallons per liter.

The rest in europe, like here in Spain, germany,Netherland,etc do not use so much pressure, it is totaly untipic to use so much pressure.

THis jetters have pathed thrugh my hands:

5 gpm at 2800 psi

3 gpm at 1500 psi

8 gpm at 3000 psi

4 gpm at 3500 psi.

At the moment I only keep the 8 gpm at 3000 psi.

Now i have just ordered today the 10 gpm at 1500 psi.

I now Rick, it is the opposite of your recomendation. But i have bought it thrugh an company which is speciaist in jettings machines in europe, like in the usa for example us jetters or similar.

They make me an very good price with accesorias and waterdeposit.

web: www.rioned.com

You can see also the internetpage in english, it is only that you can see what we in europe do.

I will tell you the experience with this new jetter.
          is this the machine you're buying

Products - Rioned drain & sewer cleaning equipment

you've got to be kidding me are they serious that an 11hp honda engine is going to produce 130 bar=1885 psi at 40 lpm=10.56 gpm.

do you understand the us phrase "i've got some swamp land in florida to sell you"

save your money now or tell them you want a live demo of the machine at your job. there is no way in hell those machine specs are real. they are defying every math formula or e=mc2

you can thank us now, or come back here next week when you find those specs don't pan out.

11hp will give you the volume you want, but not at that pressure. or it will give you the pressure you want, but not at that volume. you can't have it both ways.

i only quoted you so that all others reading this will know "i told you so".

sorry that there are dishonest companies, but i would run real fast and get a plane ticket to the usa or australia and buy a jetter that will perform to the level you really need.

i hope it's not too late

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Hello again, it is not to late.

They have chanched the motor but not yet in the internetpage, it is now a Honda GX390 13Hp.

I think it is good for me and for you to see the differences between other continents.

I only want to show yoy what here in europe lot of companies ofering not so much pressure.

another one for example the left one on a trailer: 10 gpm at 1500 psi 13 Hp honda motor

Pipe / Drain Cleaning and Inspection - ROTHENBERGER - (Version JPG) - Page n° 46 - PDF Catalogue | Technical Documentation | Brochure

I will not order from the Usa, because it is to expencive with the importtax and douane and also in case something happen or broken it will cost me time and money.
            Last edited by spanien; 06-17-2012, 08:47 AM. Reason: 1

Comment

@ Rick,

Dont be worry or angry with me.

I Hope you understand me. Theye are 2 completly different options or recomendations the people are telling.

I am very happy for all your help you are giving.

If I do something wrong it will be my fault and i will value what yoy have telling me.

Comment

@Rick,

This morning the jetter arrived.
                Specifications: Honda GX 390 Engine 13 Hp
                Hawk Pump 40 liters 10 Gpm.
                3/8 Hose inner diameter.
                holding tank: 50 gallons.

So, we first put the new machine in the small van, instaled it including the tank.
                Than with the standard nozzle we put it in our sewer 4" where we tested also the other machines.
                It worked perfect a lot of more pulling power as the other unit ( 3500 psi 4 gpm).
                We are very happy.

I am also onnest that the other jetter we have 3000 psi 8 gpm still has a little bit more of pulling power, but the difference we notice is very small.

I am happy with this machine now.

I do not know what will happend when i put the reduction hose 1/4 hose coupled to the 3/8 hose for small drainpipes, this i have still to test.

And also i have tested thr Kj 3100 so really can make an compare because tested in the same pipe.
                And the pulling power is stronger of the 10 gpm at 1500 psi.

This is only what i have tested and i can compare.

Comment

@Rick and all others,

I am buying onother jetter for my pluming van only a small unit.

I can choice this two ones:

3.96 gpm at 2900 psi. it has an B&S motor 11 Hp and a nice jetting hose 5/16" with his trigger gun and small hose for sinks.

The other one:

5 gpm at 3000 psi It has an 14 Hp Kohler motor and a small 25 Gallons watertank. the hose is an 3/8 rubberd hose for pressure jetter use.

The price is exactly the same for both.

Please give me your advice.

I will use it for 4-6 " pvc-platic pipes.

Thank you,

Arthur The Spanish unblocker

Comment

5 gal 3000 psi you need good flow
                    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

that's a no brainer. the 5 at 3000 is a better choice.

the 3/8'' hose is fine for 4-6'' plastic pipe. but you will need smaller hose for the smaller drains. also a foot valve or spray gun shut off valve. the 25 gallon tank is a good buffer, but it's not enough water for any length of time.

why are they the same price?

the kohler engine is more money and a 5 gpm pump is more than a 4 gpm pump.

what's the price there in usd or euros?

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Man I just jetted (3) 100 ft. 4 inch sewers lines with a root ranger and a 3/8 hose. The sewers were pretty loaded up with roots, and the wart hog didn't do much on the 1/4 inch size roots , took a few hrs with the root ranger on each job. But I got it done, 6 hrs later. I am alittle tired, jettings not like sitting on a bucket with a snake. Could I of just used the 1/4 hose with a root ranger on this job ? 3/8 is heavy..

Comment

Depends on your gpm/psi. Probably Plumber Rick can give you the math, but you can get about 5-6 gpm at #3-4k out of a 1/4" hose if your jetter is strong enough. Definitely enough to tear up some roots with a RR as long as you can get past them. Was there multiple bends in the lines, or straight shots?

Comment

1/4" hose has about 5 psi drop. Per foot at 4 gpm. 3/8" hose has under 1psi drop per foot at 4 gpm.

Rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t42548/
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

BTW, how many jetters have you gone though and asked us our opinions on after you bought it....4, 5, 6....I lost count.
                                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X