Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

i have bought a new small jetter good choice ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have bought a new small jetter good choice ?

Hello again,

The business is going up in spain, so i have bought another jetter for a minivan.

At the moment I used a jetter unit with 3000 psi 8 gallons/p.minute.

For the smaller van it was only a posibility of a small cart jetter.

the choices:

5 gallons 3000 psi 11 hp

or 4 gallons 4000 psi. 13 hp

I have bought the second one the 4 gallons 4000 psi.

I am not sure if i have made the correct choice, but it have been a lot of cheaper that the other one.

I hope it will be good enough in 4" drains.

Please let me know your opinion.

Re: i have bought a new small jetter good choice ?

i would stick with 4gpm @ 4000psi. The specs on that might be a tad off probably more like 3600psi @ 13hp

I had the same specs and did very well with it, cleaned 6" root filled sewers with the root ranger. I think you will do well

Comment

yes, your numbers are overrated. you can't get 5 gpm at 3000 with 11hp . same issue with the 13 hp. drop the pressure and the rpm goes up so does the gpm. raise the pressure and the rpm goes down along with the gpm.

the pump might be rated for those specs, but not with the gas hp requirements you've listed. with a commercial diesel engine, yes.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

@Rick,

I do not understand exactly what you want to tell me.

THe exactly specification of the model i have bought:

4 gallons and 3700 psi +- 13 Hp engine

the other was: 5 gallons and 2700 psi +- 11 hp motor.

was my choice correct ?

Both have 1/4 hose 164 feets long.

Comment

4 gpm at 3700 is still a stretch. more like 4 at 3500 with a 13hp engine.

5 at 2700 with an 11 hp still doesn't compute.

stick with the 13hp. and get a root ranger nozzle for the roots.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I am not to happy with my cardjetter it has 4 gpm at 3500 Psi more or less.

It could be because we are working with our vanunit 8 pgm 3000 psi it is a different world.

The Specification of the card jetter: it have 1/4 Hose about 98 feet long. But it is how to tell it like an Hose we use in Europe it is black and like a high pressure standard hose on a pressurejetter it is outside rubbered. I see you guys in usa you use like a blue hose and it is a little bit more stiff.

Hope you can get me some good help,Thank you.

Another question who is the manufacturer of the rootranger nozzles i want to buy one.

Comment

@ All.

My small Cardjetter 3500 Psi 4 Gallons

has an 98 feet long hose and it is an 1/4 inch hose.

Is the hose to small ?

You recomend me to put an 3/8 hose ?

Comment

4 gpm at 98' with 1/4'' hose is fine.

3/8'' will have less pressure drop, but more weight to pull in and a stiffer/ worse bend radius.

98' is still a short run.

the 1/4'' root ranger with a #4.5 nozzle should kick some butt.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

@rick,

what does it mean ?

"the 1/4'' root ranger with a #4.5 nozzle should kick some butt. "

Comment

this root ranger nozzle Root RangerĀ® 3000 - RIDGID Professional Tools with 1/4'' hose and your jetter specs is fine.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Did the root ranger have enough pulling power ?

In case we have a root blockage, most before the blockage are the roots and also paper,etc.

So if the Jetting stream only goes back, did the nozzle have enough power to penetrate through the blockage ? I mean to make an Hole into the blockage ?

I know when it goes through so than the back jetstream cleans the roots, but at first it have to make an hole.

Comment

good question.

pulling power is great. i used it the other day through a toilet flange, san tee, comby and 106' down stream to the city main.

from my trailer on the street i had 250' of 1/4'' jetting hose stretched out. even though my pump pressure was at 4000# at the trailer, my pressure loss was well over 1000#.

mine has the very small front jet too that can be plugged closed if need be.

if you have a serious root stoppage, the front jet is not power full enough to penetrate the root mass. remember that the nozzle is a large mass of metal and i find that if i go in first with a 1 forward/ 4 rear 1/4'' or 4 forward/ 6 rear 3/8'' nozzle first, i can open the line quickly, then blast with the root ranger.

remember that a line full of water will be harder to jet open as the water will absorb and deaden the impact, not to mention the possibility of flooding fixtures. if you can go backwards/ upstream, this is always a better way to jet if you know what the layout is and not get into trouble within a house.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

@Rick and all together,

I am saling my small jetter.

So I can buy these 3 options, their is no money for more:

10 Gpm and 1450 psi

6 gpm and 1900 psi

Ridgid Kj 3100 with 5.5 3000 psi.

The people close to me ( friends and plumbers) are telling me to take the first one.

They think like a lot of people here in europe are saying, gallons is more important that pressure.

You can have a very strong pressure but if the nozzle hole is very small for los gallons the efect is not good.

Please give your opinion of these 3 jetters, Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by spanien View Post
                            @Rick and all together,

I am saling my small jetter.

So I can buy these 3 options, their is no money for more:

10 Gpm and 1450 psi

6 gpm and 1900 psi

Ridgid Kj 3100 with 5.5 3000 psi.

The people close to me ( friends and plumbers) are telling me to take the first one.

They think like a lot of people here in europe are saying, gallons is more important that pressure.

You can have a very strong pressure but if the nozzle hole is very small for los gallons the affect is not good.

Please give your opinion of these 3 jetters, Thank you
                            is there a ridgid rep that can give you a demo in spain?

i guarantee you for what your application is residential 1.5''- 6'' the ridgid kj3100 will be the best choice of the 3 listed. here is why.

10 gpm is way too much water for small pipe, you will flood the place. so that leaves you with low gpm with a downsized nozzle and low psi at 1450.

6 gpm at 1900 is better, but remember that the psi will drop off significantly as the hose size gets smaller and longer so your 1900 might end up being less than 1500 very quickly.

that's why the 5.5 at 3000 is the best of the 3 listed. you still have plenty of pressure with the smaller hose pressure drop and 5.5 will still cut roots and grease up to 6'' with the right nozzle.

either things are way different in europe/ spain, or your friends giving you advise are not too bright with jetters

at this point, i could have flown out to see you and had you up and running with good results and saved you more money than my plane ticket you've been disappointed for a couple years now and are still getting poor advise from your end. i'm sure other pros here will agree

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

@Rick,

I am very happy that you are so helpful and onest.

It is really a big difference between usa and europe. this why I am so confused.

The small unit with only 4 gpm give not the result i have expected. For Example 2 days ago in an 6" concrete drainpipe the pulling effect was very low and we could not unblock it.

And also the dealers in Spain of the European products are telling, the most important think is flow-gallons or liters, for cleaning the pipe and in blocked pipe to flush the depries away. The most and comun pressure of the units is 1500 to maximum 2500 psi.

And it is true we really working 4" drains to 6" drain pipes.

Before your post my choice was the first one with 10 gpm at 1450 psi, because this is what the asesors or dealers of the machines are telling me.

Please wright me more about this tematic.

Comment

Working...
                              X