X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drain machine for beginners

Hello, I'm new at this so please be gentle, I'm a master plumber and have done new construction for twelve years. I have very little drain cleaning experience. The advice I recieved on my first post was very helpful but now I need more advice. Looking at the Ridgid website I see the K380 and K3800 are similar except for price, also the K750 and K7500. Any suggestions for the best choice to begin my new adventure ?

GREEN FROG, YOUR IN LUCK. I OWN BOTH THE 750 AND 7500. INFACT I HAVE A NEW 750 AND 7500 THAT I CAN SELL IF INTRESTED. BOTH MACHINES RUN THE SAME CABLE AND CUTTERS. THE 750 WILL RUN 125' OF 5/8'' OR 100' OF 3/4''. 3/4'' MY CHOICE ESPECIALLY FOR ROOTS. DON'T ATTEMPT TRAPS. THE 7500 WILL DO 150' OF 5/8'' OR 125' OF 3/4''. THE 7500 AS YOU CAN SEE IS QUITE A BIT MORE MONEY, FOR A REASON. THE UNIVERSAL MOTOR IS GEAR REDUCED 4/10 HP@ 200 RPM. IT WILL SLOW DOWN AND TORQUE UP GIVING YOU MORE TIME TO REACT TO THIS SUDDEN POWER AND TENSION ON THE CABLE.IT ALSO HAS AN INNER DRUM TO HELP WITH CABLE FLIP OVER. THE AUTO FEED IS MUCH BEEFIER AND A WHOLE LOT BETTER DESIGN. THE FRAME IS A WHOLE LOT STRONGER AND MORE STABLE. IT INCORPORATES A REAL SET OF STAIR CLIMBERS. THE 750 USES PLASTIC SKIDS TO PROTECT THE STAIRS. LOTS OF FRICTION AND BETTER CHANCES YOU'LL CHIP BRICK STEPS.
    AS FAR AS THE 3800 , IT IS VERY SIMILIAR IN MOTOR FEATURES AS MENTIONED ABOVE. 1/12 HP 240 RPM. THE 3800 HAS A SWIVEL DRUM. YOU CAN ADD AN AUTO FEEDER TOO. DRUM CAPICTY FOR THE 380 IS 100' OF 3/8'' OR 75' OF 1/2''.3800 IS 100' OF 3/8'' OR 90' OF 1/2''.
    THERE IS A REASON THAT BOTH THE 3800 AND 7500 HAVE AN EXTRA 0 IN THEIR MODEL #. THESE MACHINES ARE BUILT AND DESIGNED FOR THE REAL PROFESSIONAL USER. I USE MY 7500 10 TO 1 OVER MY 3800. IF MONEY IS AN ISSUE THEN I WOULD SPEND THE EXTRA ON THE 7500. AND SAVE APPROX. $600 ON THE 380. DON'T FORGET YOU NEED TO CHARGE FOR THE USE OF THIS EQUIPTMENT. THERE IS A LOT OF WEAR AND TEAR ITEMS, CABLES, CUTTERS, AND MAINTAINANCE. IF MONEY IS NOT AN ISSUE GO FOR THE 3800 WITH AUTO FEED. THIS WILL SAVE A LOT OF WORK ON FEEDING AND RETREIVING OF YOUR CABLE. ALSO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD SELECTION OF CUTTERS AND LEADERS. KEEP YOUR CABLES CLEAN AND WELL OILED. BOTH MACHINES CAN BE USED INDOORS WITH PROPER PREP.

Comment

Green Frog,

One option you have is to request a free hands on demo of the drain cleaner you are interested in. You could also mention in the comments that you are interested in finding out which drum machine is best for you. Your RIDGID Sales rep should be very helpful in pointing you toward the perfect machine/machines for your applications.

Heres the link to the demonstration request section of the site.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Product-...uest/index.htm

Later,

Josh

Comment

Working...
      X