X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ki500 sp b

I own a small plumbing and drain cleaning business here in Akron,Ohio.I snake alot of sewers.We have 6" clay tile building sewers starting at the building wall to the city main.Most sewers are 80 to 120',however there are some that are 200' +.We have hella roots here.
    For years I have used my Kollmann Speed Kleen,however,it's time to put it in retirement.I am considering upgrading to the k1500 Sp with the 1 hp motor.It's only 6 lbs heavier and rated for 300'.Are any of you using this machine?Is it going to rip my fingers off?\

Thanks,
    Glenn
    Able Sewer and Drain
    Last edited by Gauvil; 02-14-2012, 10:51 PM.

Re: Ki500 sp b

Have any pictures of that Kohler Speed Kleen ?

I helped run a K-1500 a few times, the K-1500SP seems like an OK machine if you want a sectional.

Comment

The k-1500 is a good machine have one in the garage, i run it with the 1-1/4" innercore eel cables used it for years

Now the model c electic eel is an even better machine, the cable to motor is direct drive no pullys, much more power.

Comment

We own both the low profile 'B' model version and the upright 'A' version. I much prefer the upright. I always seem to have limited space to work in and the A is easier to manuver. It also can carry a basket of cable the B can't. More compact means it fits in the truck better.

If all you do it outside snaking at those distances in large diameter pipe then the Electric Eel may be the better choice but the 1500 has never disappointed me with it's power.

Comment

Most of the drains I snake are from a cleanout in the basement.I was trained on the electric eel.I agree,it's a good machine.Some years back,I got bought my SPeed Kleen,it's a k1500 before Ridgid got involved.At first I didn't like it with all that cable dragging out the back,now all of my machines are Ridgid.The k1500,K-380,k-50,k-60, and an old version of the k1500 down in the basement that I'm guessing is from the 30's.
          My question is,is it worth spending the extra bucks to upgrade to the k1500 sp which is a 1hp versus the 3/4 hp,and if any on this forum have this machine?

Comment

to me.......bigger is better, cant hurt

Comment

an extra $200 for a machine that'll last you 20 years is nothing. Go big!

Comment

Thanks,that's what I was looking for.I actually already ordered this machine Friday.I was having second thoughts I guess.I'm training my 19 year old son and I am concerned he might rip his fingers off.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  an extra $200 for a machine that'll last you 20 years is nothing. Go big!
                  My Speed Kleen is at least 30 years old.The switch is made of bakelite.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                    Have any pictures of that Kohler Speed Kleen ?

I helped run a K-1500 a few times, the K-1500SP seems like an OK machine if you want a sectional.
                    I believe he meant Kollmann Speed Kleen.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      I believe he meant Kollmann Speed Kleen.

Mark
                      My Kollmann Speed Kleen is I believe, a km1500.It takes the same jaw set as a k1500.It has an electric outlet on the top of it that was used for a headlight attachment.The switch is bad.I've ordered one from Ridgid.It takes too long to get parts from them.I'm trying A.J. Coleman tomorrow.I kinda doubt the one I've ordered from Ridgid is going to work anyhow.This has been a great machine for me.I'll get it fixed one way or another and use it as a back-up.
                      Last edited by Gauvil; 02-14-2012, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gauvil View Post
                        My Kohlman Speed Kleen is I believe, a km1500.It takes the same jaw set as a k1500.It has an electric outlet on the top of it that was used for a headlight attachment.The switch is bad.I've ordered one from Ridgid.It takes too long to get parts from them.I'm trying A.J. Coleman tomorrow.I kinda doubt the one I've ordered from Ridgid is going to work anyhow.This has been a great machine for me.I'll get it fixed one way or another and use it as a back-up.
                        I bought my Ridgid/Kollmann KM1500 32-years ago so I'm sure your Kollmann Speed Kleen is a lot older than 30-years. I believe some of Kollmann patents go back 70-years. That's pretty impressive.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Ya I bet you're right.I have another Kohlman in the basement with a sort of bipod dolly set-up that works by the same principle.This machine still works! The clutch handle is broken tho.

Comment

with basements, you've got it pretty well covered with your sectionals.

but based on all out footage and pulling power, have you thought about a jetter?

have you ever seen the ridgid 1500 spider or 1500 american power?

i have the only ones ever made

welcome to the sectional rules ridgid forum

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              with basements, you've got it pretty well covered with your sectionals.

but based on all out footage and pulling power, have you thought about a jetter?

have you ever seen the ridgid 1500 spider or 1500 american power?

i have the only ones ever made

welcome to the sectional rules ridgid forum

rick.
                              No I don't believe I've ever seen any of those.Got any pics?I did see a pnuematic powered k1500 on ebay a few months ago.I do own a small gas powered jetter I use during the warm months for storm drains but I don't have a heated shop to store anything bigger .I have to winterize it in the fall...someday tho...

Comment

Working...
                              X