RIDGID Power -Spin 88387 Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID Power -Spin 88387 Question

Hello, I borrowed a 88387 (25' hand/drill "drain gun") from a friend so I could try to open up my kitchen sink drain. When I got to the end of the 25' run, and attempted to rewind the cable, I found that the cable had disconnected inside the drum. I thought I had busted the thing so I went out a bought a new one for my friend. Got home and discovered this is a newer version. Well, the same thing happened with the new one. Got to the end of the cable and it became detached. This new one however, has a drum that is held together with 4 screws which allows you to replace the cable. On the older unit however, I cannot figure out for the life of me how to reconnect the cable as the drum appears to be a complete piece of plastic. The manual says nothing. Anyone familiar with this tool and knows what the trick is to replace the cable on the older version? Thanks in advance!

Re: RIDGID Power -Spin 88387 Question

JC would best answer this question

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
      JC would best answer this question
      AssTyme, If I remember right the Power spin came free with a Happy meal lol
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

dirtfisher78, the old Power-Spin that you have does not have anything that connects the cable to the drum. The cable just floats freely in the drum. Just push the cable in and let it coil up inside. If needed, you can remove three screws from the back where the drill connects. You can access the inside enough to guide the cable into the drum smoothly.

Comment

Working...
        X