X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieve mode on the K7500

Hello folks, I was wondering how K7500 users feel about the retrieve mode on this unit? When you have the line out say 75 feet plus or have to drop it downwards some distance from a c.o. before going into a horizontal sanitary direction the retrieve speed seems so slow. Unlike the advance mode, going out seems to have a more suitable feed speed. Is this the operational behavior of this unit? I actually have to help it retrieve by pulling on it to speed the retrieval. Once i have less than 40 feet say, the retrieve speed seems better. Is the big unit made by General Wire(think it was called a Maxi Rooter) any better?

Re: Retrieve mode on the K7500

Maxi Rooter is probably the worst reverse feed on any commercial large snake even when it's new. The Spartan feed is the best I have used. I have never owned the k-7500 but have known a lot of people who use it and have never heard of any complaints in reverse. Maybe your rollers or the cable is worn.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

i always use to help it feed back in on all my drum machines. even the 7500. basically there are 3 bearings that create a rolling pitch/ thread. over tightening the top adjusting knob too tight will wear the bearings. also do you have the selector adjusted to 3/4'' or 5/8''?

if the cable is worn or the pipe has a lot of fall, there will be more load on the feeder to pull it back in. also is your cable properly oiled to cut the friction within the drum?

don't tell me you're another bucket sitter and want the machine to do all the work

there's always sectional

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

That's pretty normal. My K-7500 has some age on it, but I just got a new cable for it, and ordered new bearing to go with it. When I retrieve I still have to give it a pull as we go or it'll just spin.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Rick, I thought I was the only one that sat on a bucket but reading some of the threads more, I realized that it is a common practice! I was wondering where would I check the setting for 5/8 vs 3/4. I didn't even know about that. I ve picked up few kinks now in my 5/8 cable and rebend it back by a method i read you used with 2 pieces of pipe. Would you stick with the same brand for replacement or do you think going with a wire made by General be worse? I m not sure if we have Spartan in BC here. I read about that brand but haven't seen it here yet.

Comment

on the 7500 there are shim/ spacer washers that are installed below the 2 bearing rollers that are used for spacing.

i'll post a link to the feeder parts break down.

rick.

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/A745F0F...Machine_PL.pdf

look at the spacers used for 5/8'' cable. .06 thickness. part #23 page number 4
            Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 02-20-2012, 12:32 PM.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Stick with the Ridgid, but when you need cable again go for the 3/4" This time around I put in 2 50' length of 3/4" so I won't frag an entire 100' length at once. Spartan is sold by a spartan dealer, You won't find them on a supply house shelf.

Originally posted by robertochekwong View Post
              Rick, I thought I was the only one that sat on a bucket but reading some of the threads more, I realized that it is a common practice! I was wondering where would I check the setting for 5/8 vs 3/4. I didn't even know about that. I ve picked up few kinks now in my 5/8 cable and rebend it back by a method i read you used with 2 pieces of pipe. Would you stick with the same brand for replacement or do you think going with a wire made by General be worse? I m not sure if we have Spartan in BC here. I read about that brand but haven't seen it here yet.
              No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                Stick with the Ridgid, but when you need cable again go for the 3/4" This time around I put in 2 50' length of 3/4" so I won't frag an entire 100' length at once. Spartan is sold by a spartan dealer, You won't find them on a supply house shelf.

Is AJ Coleman a supply house ?

Comment

good catch, I'd forgotten that they handled spartan as well.
                  I was going off of the conversation I had with the st Louis area spartan rep a couple of weeks ago when looking at cameras
                  Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                  Is AJ Coleman a supply house ?

Comment

Thanks Rick for the drawing. I immediately went and dissassembled the unit to check for the 2 washers (#23) at the 2 bearing assemblies on the bottom. There are 2 washers at the bottom at two sections. I realize now that i was expecting the retrieve mode to be equal the advance mode. Now i understand it wont happen. I feel relieved hearing that i would have done worse with the MaxiRooter by general. Thanks Mojourneyman for advising to buy 2 pcs of 3/4 (50 footers) . I will likely get a third as a backup. I would have ordered it in 3/4 inch if i knew you before i purchased the K7500. I am going to thoroughly read pipe cameras here before getting my first one. Might make the move after spring and thinking about the mini reel right now. Thanks for all your advise!

Comment

Working...
                    X