any advise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any advise

Got a call the other night two rental cabins, they've been there for thirty years the drains to the septic tie together some where? Cleanout on the outside of one and a cleanout 35' away down a steep embankment. Both cleanouts put in a year or to. Anyways pipes full Il to first cabins toilet brim and inchs from top of first cleanout. 2 nd cleanout no water there is 18" of snow coverage and everythings landscaped so 830 pm I go up with trouble lights and k 60 get out 50' still no sign in second cleanout so retrieve and put on another bit go out 70' still no sign retired plumber comes out that put second cleanout in years ago and insures me he flushed water and watched it run buy. Hit blockage around 50' with saw bit and can't get past it. Today bring out k 750 same thing hit blockage at 50' but with small bulb head go 75'. Water level doesn't change and it comes back with some black hair but nothing redicalous anyways the only thing I can think is that I'm go past a t or she that heads to the septic tank and going towards a old sess pit any ideas how can I go 75' if their tied together and the cleanouts are only 35' apart. Thanks seanny.

Re: any advise

How sure are you that there is only one septic tank? Is it possible two tanks and your hitting the inlet of the one your cabling?
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

A lot could be going on here. Two separate tanks is one of them. Never just assume both pipes are tied together even if someone told you he witnessed it. Can't tell you how many hours I've lost based on bad intel from others. With the cleanout full of water, is it even remotely possible that your cable is going back up the sewer towards the cabin? With snow cover there may be other cleanouts not visible. This is when a locator and transmitter come in real handy.

Comment

Thanks guys but iv checked to make sure their attached you flush a toilett in cabin a and the water level in the cleanout rises at cabin b. Im thinking dig up the bottom cleanout and cut a wye and forty five in heading up stream so i can cable up towards the cabins might have a better chance. Plus the hydrolic load from the four inch pipe full of water might assist pushing the blockage out. I think i must be going up an abandoned line for maybe a future cabin or something?

Comment

Working...
        X