Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more gallons or more pressure, what is more important ?

Hello Again,

At the moment my small business is going up, but I really do not understand what is more important for our drainage unblocking.

People in my country are telling that it is more important to have a lot of gallons. and the pressure for draining work is not so important. Than I read on the jettersedge side that the new Milenium of jetting machines has began, less gallons but more Pressure.

What you think ? What has been your experience ?

I want to buy another jetter and have these choices?

5.5 Gallons at 3000 Psi or 10 gallons at 1450 psi.

I am a little bit confused.

Thank you

Thomas

Re: more gallons or more pressure, what is more important ?

Gpm does the flushing psi does the cutting

For me I do residential 6" or less my 5.5 Gpm @ 3500 psi works great. If I got into bigger lines I would not use 5.5gpm that's for sure. 3500 psi cuts roots very well but I'm sure 4k - 5k psi is so much better

Bills the man with higher psi....he will tell ya

Comment

the problem is there is not 1 size fits all.

too much gpm and you flood out the smaller lines, plus the smaller hoses for smaller lines won't flow the large gpm. so then you're stuck using lower gpm with low psi.

the psi does the cutting, while the gpm speeds up the process and flushes out the line.

it's nice to have high high gpm potential along with high psi. as both can be turned down, but you can't increase them beyond their max's.

to me 1450 is way too low.

i would stick with the 5.5 gpm and see if it can get up to 3500+ psi at the machine. remember that at the nozzle will be less depending on hose size and hose length.

i'm fortunate to have both high psi at 4000# and real high gpm at 18 gpm. i normally keep the psi up at 4000+ but drop the gpm on the smaller lines.

even on 4'' pipe i don't typically use 18 gpm unless i'm jetting upstream.

rick.

you sure you don't need a visit
      phoebe it is

Comment

We love Brother Bill Downunder. He's the MANNNNNNNNN...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Guage says 4500, actual around 4200 if lucky. anyhow also goes to head selections as well as how you work your machine and hoses. More than a quick answer as Rick suggests

Comment

Thomas, regardless of the gpm you go with, forget about 1450psi... Too low!. Jetter's Edge knows what they're doing. Also, check out US Jetter site. There standard machines have been 4kpsi for a while now. Now, they are offering 5K & 6kpsi models! I can sort of understand the 5k for reasons of maximum cutting, pressure drop, never have too much power mentality, but 6k??? What sewer nozzle lists over 5k as a working pressure? As stated, pressure and quantity of water each have their own purpose.

Comment

Working...
          X