Anyone use the Ridgid KJ-3100 jetter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use the Ridgid KJ-3100 jetter?

Here at my company we are starting up a dedicated sewer/drain division and we are starting out with a portable jetter with the intention of buying a tow behind a bit later this year. We already have and use K-7500's, various sink & trap machines and of course fiber optic cameras & locators. We figure that we will aways have a use for a good portable for smaller drains and looking at the available options we like the Ridgid KJ-3100 jetter. I was just curious about anyones personal experience with this model and what the more experienced drain gurus on this forum think about it's usefulness on roots in 4" house sewers @3000psi/5.5gpm.

Re: Anyone use the Ridgid KJ-3100 jetter?

i've seen it up close and it's pretty much the same specs as my portable machine.

with the root ranger nozzle, there is nothing that this machine will not cut.

the only thing to remember is you need to rotate the hose to allow the nozzle to cut at the top of the pipe. with your camera, you can id the location/ length and mark your hose. then when it comes time to cut at the top, you already know where and when to twist.

if the line is completely plugged up and not draining, i would use a forward cutting nozzle first to open the line and establish flow, before going with the root ranger.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick

Thanks for the advice. That is a good tip about Root Ranger use and will come in handy since one will be supplied with the new jetter.

My concern is that the Root Ranger forms a hook and considering that different techs with different skill levels will be using this we may at some point end up wasting hours trying to retrieve it or even dig up the sewer because it is jammed in. I know that proper training is critical and will certainly be administered but I like to limit liability as much as is reasonably possible. I have to deal with enough broken and tangled sewer cables as it is.

We will use it for a while and see how it goes but I do see some advantages with the Wart Hog, what do you think?

BTW I hope this gets posted, I originally replied the day after your post but my reply was never posted

Comment

the root ranger hook actually helps me grab the roots and bring them back.

in 4'' sanitary pipe, there should be no reason why the rr will get caught. i sometimes have to twist the hose or put the machine into pulse, but never been stuck. even use it with good luck on 3''.

i also have a 1/2'' root ranger i use with my us jetter 4018/ 4000psi 18gpm jetter.

dollar for dollar, a root ranger will eat a warthog for lunch. and i own 5 different warthogs.

the root ranger is the most aggressive water jet cutter i own.

listening to the nozzle and how it's cutting while rotating the hose is the key to success.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I have Had mine almost a year and only used it a couple of times because it is a real pain to keep running. I personally don't know why Ridgid went away from Honda motors but I woudn't recommend buying the KJ3100. If I had it to do over I would have bought a different Jetter.

Comment

What motor are they using?

Comment

Briggs & Stratton Vanguard

Comment

Originally posted by plumber terry View Post
                I have Had mine almost a year and only used it a couple of times because it is a real pain to keep running. I personally don't know why Ridgid went away from Honda motors but I woudn't recommend buying the KJ3100. If I had it to do over I would have bought a different Jetter.
                I have a 3100 runs great. Does yours stall or break or something.

Comment

The engine dies when I increase the pressure sometimes

Comment

Vangaurd is the top of the line Briggs....I thought.
                    AllurePlumbing.com
                    • leak detection
                    • drain cleaning
                    • utility locating
                    • conductor fault locating
                    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Working...
                    X