No announcement yet.

My New K 40..Trials....Impressions...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My New K 40..Trials....Impressions...

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
    Thanks Ron. I have the other cable but not the spare drum. Ill look into getting that so i dont have to keep swapping cables out. Changing drums is much easier. Then i can sell off my Ridgid Auto-Kleen.
    Do not forget the torque arm/bar. With out it the cable will just sit while the drum spins.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
      Do not forget the torque arm/bar. With out it the cable will just sit while the drum spins.
      Is that the little thingy that attaches to the end of the cable inside the drum?

Comment

Not sure about the new K45, but it's gotta have more of a motor than my K39! I don't use it that much, but if it just started smoking and died one day, I wouldn't be shocked in the least! But, it has more than paid for itself and is still going. Ron, I've heard the 40 get bashed as well, but it looks a lot more comfortable to work with than a gun machine. On a quick in and out job, it doesn't matter, but if you're fighting back to backs or and old cast T for a period of time under a sink/cabinet, you start to hate the guns.. How do you like the drum? Is it identical to the K45/gun machines? I have cracks on my plastic inner drums and the sling can create a real mess to clean up. Dammit... I just ordered from Coleman yesterday.. Should've ordered some new drums for the 39... That always happens..

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          Is that the little thingy that attaches to the end of the cable inside the drum?
          Yep, that little thing helps build up the torque and make it where no chuck is needed.

Originally posted by richinflorida View Post
          Not sure about the new K45, but it's gotta have more of a motor than my K39! I don't use it that much, but if it just started smoking and died one day, I wouldn't be shocked in the least! But, it has more than paid for itself and is still going. Ron, I've heard the 40 get bashed as well, but it looks a lot more comfortable to work with than a gun machine. On a quick in and out job, it doesn't matter, but if you're fighting back to backs or and old cast T for a period of time under a sink/cabinet, you start to hate the guns.. How do you like the drum? Is it identical to the K45/gun machines? I have cracks on my plastic inner drums and the sling can create a real mess to clean up. Dammit... I just ordered from Coleman yesterday.. Should've ordered some new drums for the 39... That always happens..
          So far no issues with the drum, it is a lot like the drum on the k45, only diffrance is no chuck, and it uses a torque arm on the end of the cable. It does not spin as fast as the pistol rods, but I never seen the need for a fast RPM.

Comment

Originally posted by richinflorida View Post

My K-39AF is going on two years old, still runs like new with heavy usage, it's only on it's 2nd cable which is still like new and it's had a few feed bearings replaced.

If it ever does die I have two brand new K-45AF's in the box ready to go.

Comment

I hear you about the hand guns in tight places. I am nursing some big drum rub burns from one yesterday. I bought an old 40 from a charity event that had a broken hose and never got around to putting a new one on, after I heard all the bad rep on it. Maybe I will give it a try.

Comment

Hay Rats do you have to kick that old Spartan you got pictured there to get the drum to spin like I do mine? Got to admit I got some stuck broken cables out by chucking them in the motor part without the drum and drilling them out. It made them move

Comment

Originally posted by gtmerkley View Post
                  Hay Rats do you have to kick that old Spartan you got pictured there to get the drum to spin like I do mine? Got to admit I got some stuck broken cables out by chucking them in the motor part without the drum and drilling them out. It made them move
                  My drum spins freely, and the motor is more than strong enough to get it spinning. It works great.

Comment

The drum must collect water like the K-45 pistol rodders ?

Is it a PITA to remove the cable & drain the water from the drum ?

Comment

Working...
                    X