X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have 3 words for you

this was after i gave my new customer the bill.

he had a main line stoppage in a duplex that put his unit and the front rental unit out of commission.

his regular handyman tried his snake and failed. he then called his insurance company and they sent the first guy to take pictures and document any damage. pretty useless. then they sent a guy to video the sewer line. his advice was to get a person with a jetter.

so the owner finds me through the local hardware store and after a question and answer phone session, i decide that a jetter might not be necessary and an added expense he didn't need.

so i show up and break out the mighty k-60 15 minutes later, some roots and wipes, 75' of cable and a spiral root saw was no challenge for the k-60.

i start cleaning up and he writes out the check. as he hands me the check, he says to me, " i have 3 words for you"

"god bless you"

i always knew that the k-60 is a blessing.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: i have 3 words for you

Isnt this what makes the brown stuff smell like roses.................!!!!!!!!!!

There are still some appreciative people in the world. However, over here they rarely get out of Porches or BMWs

Comment

Well I must be doing something wrong every time I use my new k 60 I kink a cable or distroy a cutter and have to use my K 1500 to clear the pipe?????????????????????????

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
        Well I must be doing something wrong every time I use my new k 60 I kink a cable or distroy a cutter and have to use my K 1500 to clear the pipe?????????????????????????

Tony
        That can happen if you feed it in too fast or have the wrong head attached when hitting roots. The wormhead will wind up in the root ball without cutting. Then you get stuck pretty good. If there is even a remote chance that there is roots in the line I put on the Root cutter. It's no fun being stuck.

Comment

for 7/8'' cable, my first go to cutter is a spiral root saw, assuming i have a 3 or 4'' opening. if it's a 1.5-2'' i use the reverse auger. every now and then i use my 4 x 3'' pear cutter.

if i know it's all sludge, then i use the 4 blade cutter.

on 5/8'' cable, i use everything from a bulb auger, drop head, 4 blade and of course the never fails reverse auger.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            this was after i gave my new customer the bill.

he had a main line stoppage in a duplex that put his unit and the front rental unit out of commission.

his regular handyman tried his snake and failed. he then called his insurance company and they sent the first guy to take pictures and document any damage. pretty useless. then they sent a guy to video the sewer line. his advice was to get a person with a jetter.

so the owner finds me through the local hardware store and after a question and answer phone session, i decide that a jetter might not be necessary and an added expense he didn't need.

so i show up and break out the mighty k-60 15 minutes later, some roots and wipes, 75' of cable and a spiral root saw was no challenge for the k-60.

i start cleaning up and he writes out the check. as he hands me the check, he says to me, " i have 3 words for you"

"god bless you"

i always knew that the k-60 is a blessing.

rick.
            " I'ts all bread on the water " Dee Lemmon. Bless Your soul Dee
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

you the man Rick
              you know what your doing and how to use the right tools to get the job done and not charge for something they did not need
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

That's the way it is in business. Most of the customers don't care just get it done and don't bother me, Some percent are not happy no matter what you do for them, but that 10 percent of customers that are rely grateful and make you fill like a hero are the ones that make it all worth while.

Comment

I think every part of the country is deferent. Here I have to use a small arrow or C cutter for the first pass and go up in steps or I get hung. As for the cable bending up, I have to use the general dull cable in my K 60 as the Ridgid cable is too easy to bend.On mush Rick told me to use the 4 blade cutter with my drum machine and he was right I haven't had to hook up the sectional cables to my drum machine for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                  X