X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On site bill collection

Has anyone started collection of payment on site with the new card swipe technology out(IPad, Smartphone,etc.)

Re: On site bill collection

i've done it for years

old school technology. i hand them a bill and they hand me a check

but recently i started to take credit cards. i use the "square" on my smart phone.

cost nothing to get from the company. no monthly fees and only a 2.75% fee per use.

so a $100.00 charge cost you $2.75 and nets out to $97.50 into your bank account.

the 5 times i've used it has been perfect.

i opened up a specific account at the bank and called it square. easy to monitor for any activity.

if you're in a hurry, you can buy 1 at radio shack for $10.00 and get the $10.00 back as a credit on your first transaction.

so far so good.

but 99.9% of my work is still paid by check.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I use square for credit cards...works great and fast and no hassle.....highly recommend.....
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

i also use square have for a year now and love it. Android user
        Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
        1-920-284-7471

Comment

I have not heard of Square! Looks pretty easy.

Anyone using the Intuit Quickbooks credit card system? I'm using Quickbooks connect on my iphone and it has been great, was thinking about using the credit card system too. I think I will probably go that route to integrate easier with my accounting program

Comment

Last year, another local plumber told me about Square. Been using it ever since. Prefer checks, but I deal with a lot of seasonal and out of towners who want to use their credit cards. I looked into accepting cards before square; all kinds of costs and fees. Fine for an all day retailer, I need something on occasion. Works fine on my Android phone.

Comment

Working...
            X