• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you jet through a toilet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBPH70bUwQY

This guy is good.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Can you jet through a toilet?

I think that this is a bit misleading as that toilet is not blocked.

I did not see the water level rising as he was jetting through the pan and it would have had a higher water level if it was blocked.

Our toilets in Australia have only a trap seal on the pan and does not have the volume of water that an American style toilet uses as they use a siphonic pan to get rid of the waste.

Sure it was a great demonstration of jetting through the pan.

Simon
    Last edited by Some Day Plumbing; 04-08-2012, 06:15 AM.

Comment

i've used my k-50 with 5/8'' cable to clear wipes at over 30' in. worked like a charm.

but jetting would be a mess and not sure if the hose will navigate the china too well. plus the wax seal would probably get wasted.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

look closely; that is not a style of discharge that I am familiar with. It appears that the discharge is in a vertical pipe behind the bowl, not cast into the bowl? regardless, something is different there than it is here as that would never work here.

http://www.caroma.com.au/ProductImag...f-24bpp-8a.pdf
        Last edited by Ace Sewer; 04-08-2012, 10:19 AM.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

We use our 1/8" whip hose to clear blockages through pans or the 3/16" hose with a shortened adaptor and compressor nozzle but, you can't get the Root Ranger through so you won't be cutting roots. It's great for dry paper chokes caused by half flush cisterns or kitty litter etc.
          Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Go big bad Bill.
            Guess our caromas are a bit different to the States. Hey bill, start working on the urinals, crack that one and you will retire richer than you already are...............!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

how does that discharge attach to the drain system?
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                how does that discharge attach to the drain system?
                We call these a pan connector, you push them into the 4" pipe and push the toilet pan into the rubber seal, a lot easier than the wax seals that you guys speak of.

Simon
                Attached Files

Comment

As bill said we also send the small hose down through the pan trap. Have to be careful not to flood the bathroom . Clears the paper choke but not good enough for much else

Comment

Originally posted by Some Day Plumbing View Post
                    We call these a pan connector, you push them into the 4" pipe and push the toilet pan into the rubber seal, a lot easier than the wax seals that you guys speak of.

Simon

very similar to the connection on the higher end toto toilets we use out here. they connect to the waste ell they supply. we still use a wax seal to connect the waste ell to our flange.

like i've mentioned, i have used my k-50 with 5/8'' cable through a toilet to clear wipes at approx 30' in. have to use a protective boot to protect the china exposed finish.

i would still be concerned about the blow back with a full toilet and jetting.

i have a commercial account that has back to back toilets/ mens/ womens room without a proper cleanout. i go down a 2'' vent in a c/o on the wall 4' up from the floor. problem is with the back to back toilet, the fitting has a baffle that prevents my snake from getting through the vent into the stack. so i use my 1/4'' jetter hose and sneak past it. since i'm not technically going through the toilet, i'm not worried about the wax seal and blow back is minimal as i have a foot pedal to jump the hose down the line. done this at least 6 times over the years with great success.

i'll link the toto unifit outlet to compare.
                    https://www.totostore.us.com/e2wItem...tID=IT00003330

rick.
                    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 04-10-2012, 09:41 AM.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

With that I can see how jetting through the toilet could work. Here, it'd just be such a hassle that it is much easier to just pull the toilet from the start as you'd end up doing it anyway most of the time.

I do find that I can jet through many urinals here though, and that is often a time saver.

Comment

If toilets had long horns like the old toilets that used a 2" flush ell. The toilet horn would go by the flange ring. No worries about the wax.
                        AllurePlumbing.com
                        • leak detection
                        • drain cleaning
                        • utility locating
                        • conductor fault locating
                        • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                          With that I can see how jetting through the toilet could work. Here, it'd just be such a hassle that it is much easier to just pull the toilet from the start as you'd end up doing it anyway most of the time.

I do find that I can jet through many urinals here though, and that is often a time saver.
                          What's the trick for getting through a urinal?
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

having it be the right model, lol. The ones with the strainers cast in the porcelain are no-go's, and there is one model I see a lot around here that has about a 1/2" diameter trapway that I can't do, but many I can do. I use the same little electric jetter and hose and nozzles as for sinks. There is a little bit of technique... basically the same as a sink but a little bit trickier...not sure I can describe it in words. Sometimes I blow out the wax seal and end up pulling them anyway. I use tank to bowl gaskets instead of wax when I reinstall them; those don't blow out.

Comment

Working...
                            X